HybridZ

Who lives around Cleveland, Ohio, AND/OR around in the Tri-State area?

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Well after a recent purchase of taking over zfiberglass.com molds, I plan to fly to Cleveland where they are located to complete the transaction and make sure they get loaded nicely for freight back to So Cal.

And since I've never really been to the East Coast and with being a hop, skip and a jump away from New York, I figured I'd make a nice lil trip of it, especially with the sale Southwest Airlines just had on flights! I paid $99 each way across country!

I invited a fellow Z car friend along to take the trip with me, fastzcars here on HBZ, so after I told him my spontaneous plans he was excited to join the adventure.

Well after I get the molds all settled, it'd be nice to get together with any Z guys/gals in the area to see their Z or project Z, grab a drink or something to eat, and check out the city.

So if you live around the Cleveland, Ohio area OR are around the Long Island, New York area (that's where I fly into) then let me know and we'll try to meet up to hang out and kick it Datsun style.

--I'll be in Cleveland area from late Feb. 19th, 2009 - afternoon of Feb. 23rd, 2009

--Then in the New York area from night of Feb. 23rd, 2009 - early afternoon of March 3rd, 2009

I've already called EvilC and let him know of my forth coming, so he's trying to work me in his schedule.

Anyway, please reply if you'd like to get together for a bit or maybe show us around or let us know of some nice things to do. You can PM me your # and post the area you live in and if you're available around those days.

Thanks in advance and look forward to meeting some of you.

:burnout:

:cheers:

- Justin

Hey Justin,

I work in NYC down where the Trade Center used to be. If you plan on hanging out in the city, maybe I can meet you somewhere on my way home. Monday and Wednesday's are always out but I could probably do something any other day. Also, maybe we could do something at my house. Clive is always around hanging in my garage so that might also be an option.

Let me know what you think and when you'd be arriving.

Joe

Guest 280ZForce
Hey Justin,

I work in NYC down where the Trade Center used to be. If you plan on hanging out in the city, maybe I can meet you somewhere on my way home. Monday and Wednesday's are always out but I could probably do something any other day. Also, maybe we could do something at my house. Clive is always around hanging in my garage so that might also be an option.

Let me know what you think and when you'd be arriving.

Joe

Joe, that's awesome, would love to check out your place and your cars. I actually called Clive right after I decided to make the trip. So I'm sure we'll work something out.

I would be into getting together somewhere in the NY area. I recently did the Grand Prix go-karts and it was really fun. We could do that and get some drinks afterwards.

go-karts are always fun, will have to try to get a group of us to go do it.

Hey Justin...I'm about 30 miles from Cleveland. Give me a shout and I'll wrangle up some of the local cleveland z club members to get together.

Chris

RoadGodZ.com

ClevelandZClub.com

440-343-1664

Chris, thanks for the support in trying to get the local club together. That'd be cool to see, I'd appreciate it.

I'm sure i'll be in the nyc area at some point during that timeframe.

Definitely up for hanging out.

I'm always busy for the Z meets. :(

Keep us posted as the time gets closer.

Well ya got over 3 weeks to not be busy for this lol. I'm sure you can get out for at least 1 day/night.

------------------------------------------

Sounds like this should definitely be a fun trip, hope to meet as many of you as I can as I'll be trying to document the trip the best I can.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 280ZForce

Well guys, I leave tomorrow afternoon (well to some of you, that maybe your today) on my way to Cleveland, Feb 19th. I'll be there till Monday late afternoon, I'm in touch with a couple of you in the Ohio, area so we'll see what happens.

I'll be loading up the molds in the Bedford Area if anybody wants to stop by or grab a bite to eat or tell me what I can do in the Cleveland area for my short stay. Just PM me your info and I'll give you a call and let you know my location.

Guest 280ZForce

Hey guys, I've been in Cleveland since late Thurs night. On Fri, I went to the warehouse and got down all the molds outta the rafters, something like 150+ total molds (I lost count), then bubble wrapped & boxed up the fragile ones (damn, a lot of work), then earlier yesterday afternoon we loaded them into a semi-truck to get freighted back to So Cal.

After that, Chris (zinistr) picked me up from the shop and we headed out to the Crawford Auto & Aviation Museum, then we grabbed some pretty good BBQ here in Cleveland area locally and had a couple beers.

Super cool Z car owner and new friend, thanks again Chris.

Garrett (Garrett76zt) was planning to head over from a 2.5 hour drive to help out and check Cleveland out with me but his s12 he was driving was giving him fuel pump issues on the way over to where I was, so he had to turn around to go troubleshoot it.

Today I plan to hit up the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, maybe check out the Jacob's Field where the Indians play, maybe where the Browns play too. Just walk around and see what I can while I'm here.

Then Monday I catch a plane and away I go to NY, where Clive (EvilC) will pick me up from the airport and a whole new adventure will come about with the NY area HBZ members.

Guest 280ZForce

No worries Garrett, next time.

Today I hit up downtown by myself. Toured the Rock & Roll H.O.F., then looked around Cleveland Browns Stadium which was next door. Then walked a good mile more into town to check out Progressive Field (formerly Jacob's field), where the Indians play baseball.

Mind you this whole time there is a slight snow blizzard going on, it's got 20-30 mph wind gusts that'll push you around, plus ice all over the sidewalks.

I made into central downtown area and got wind there was a basketball game going on in a couple hours and where the Cavs play is right next to where the Indians play. I ended up buying a ticket off a street scalper since it was a sold out game and I figured why not, I'm here, I should experience what I can. I ate at a nice hidden pub/restaurant, one where if the guy out front isn't yelling to advertise his place, you'd never of known it was there. Very good bbq though. Cavs played the Detroit Pistons and blew them out. But I got to see Lebron James face Allen Iverson and then the last 7 min or so of the game I moved seats and was maybe 10-15 rows from the floor.