HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the engine bay before we rinolined it and with out the engine. WE had to replace the cross member due to it being bent from doing wheelies when it hit going back down. You will notice the engine motor mounts in the pics but we took them off because we use a motor plate.

DSCF0265_thumb.JPG

DSCF0273_thumb.JPG

DSCF0271_thumb.JPG

• Administrators
Done.:trippen:

Done?

I’m not so sure about that. The fuel hose on the fuel rail connected to the Fuel Pressure regulator looks bulged, possibly ready to pop, and the clamps are way too tight cutting or almost cutting into the hose itself. Also, that hose appears to be the low pressure fuel hose for carbs, not the EFI approved hose. Being directly above the exhaust, and bulging like that it’s a major fire risk. I'd go down and purchase 5’ of the EFI approved fuel hose and replace ALL of the rubber fuel hose with the new stuff. I know it’s expensive, but you want to be sure you wont have any issues of possible burst fuel lines, especially directly over hot exhaust and next to the dizzy and I guarantee it’s still much cheaper than an engine fire. :wink:

Is that yellow-convolute-tubing the same stuff used for piping Propane/Natural gas in homes?

I don't think I've seen so many power wires coming from one battery post before. No lack of solid reliable power to those items for sure. :2thumbs:

The anodized red intake manifold looks very nice. I think that is the first anodized one I’ve seen. :2thumbs:

Edited by BRAAP

Done?

I’m not so sure about that. The fuel hose on the fuel rail connected to the Fuel Pressure regulator looks bulged, possibly ready to pop, and the clamps are way too tight cutting or almost cutting into the hose itself. Also, that hose appears to be the low pressure fuel hose for carbs, not the EFI approved hose. Being directly above the exhaust, and bulging like that it’s a major fire risk. I'd go down and purchase 5’ of the EFI approved fuel hose and replace ALL of the rubber fuel hose with the new stuff. I know it’s expensive, but you want to be sure you wont have any issues of possible burst fuel lines, especially directly over hot exhaust and next to the dizzy and I guarantee it’s still much cheaper than an engine fire. :wink:

Is that yellow-convolute-tubing the same stuff used for piping Propane/Natural gas in homes?

I don't think I've seen so many power wires coming from one battery post before. No lack of solid reliable power to those items for sure. :2thumbs:

The anodized red intake manifold looks very nice. I think that is the first anodized one I’ve seen. :2thumbs:

BRAAP saw... and he conquered. Ouch! But you're not kidding, that Ronald McDonald setup needs some serious help. I just saw a clown car engine and went on my merry way, but you really dug in, Paul. You're a manimal!

• Administrators
Why are you hiding that sweet intake under all that junk! Get yourself an billet fuel rail and route the wires under the rail. That thing will look even better!

Oh yeah! Billet fuel rail, hide the Air Flow regulator under the manifold, cleanup/delete some of the unnecessary hoses etc. and that would look so HOT! Love that manifold. :2thumbs:

BRAAP saw... and he conquered. Ouch! But you're not kidding, that Ronald McDonald setup needs some serious help. I just saw a clown car engine and went on my merry way, but you really dug in, Paul. You're a manimal!

Shagg,

I get the feeling you're following me again, stalking... sort of creepy... :lmao:

Edited by BRAAP

Shagg,

I get the feeling you're following me again, stalking... sort of creepy... :lmao:

That's something a stalker would say to take the focus off himself.

Perhaps we just find the same threads interesting... perhaps we're made for each other, or at least kindred spirits.

Done?

While he is in there, he needs to replace the "Autozone" plastic vacuum piping on the charcoal cannister (or whatever the red painted can on the right front area is) with stuff that doesn't get brittle and leak so quickly.

I like my Autozone silicone, I've never had a problem with it.

I have always had problems with rubber airlines.

After one year, forget it it's gone.

The fuel line is something that a retard smog repairman put on for some reason and I am just waiting for it to leak to replace it.

So I guess I am not done.

Just done enough so that I can return to real life instead of working on a furshlugginer car all the time.

Good luck!!!

That's the best part; the feeling of satisfaction that this project which has taken up way too much of my time, is for the most part, done enough for me.

All now is just maintenance and repair of normal wear and tear.

I am done caring.

Best Regards, Daniel

That's the best part; the feeling of satisfaction that this project which has taken up way too much of my time, is for the most part, done enough for me.

All now is just maintenance and repair of normal wear and tear.

I am done caring.

Best Regards, Daniel

Clearly!

Holy crap, did I just say that. I kid, I kid. Actually, I usually have to clarify for people that I'm not mean... I just play rough.

Thanks for the the reminder on that wrong fuel line. You are the 2nd guy to remind me.

The first was the awesome Mike of Sunwest Z down here in Ventura.

I figure I just got two passes and I better fix this s***.

It's fixed and now I am safe.

And done.

I called up the shop that put this crap on and "gently" reminded the mechanic that I was still alive.

There was no reason for them to put it on, what I had on was fine.

The following is not addressed to BRAAP;

As far as my "Ronald McDonald" engine bay, I like Big Macs and so do you.

It stands in contrast to the rest of my car which is flat black with shaved holes, welded seams and an Amish plainness and utility.

Under the hood says to me "Welcome to Tijuana Senor, you come to party?"

Anyway, this obsession is finally done with me.

Thanks for Hybridz and thanks for you!!!

• Administrators
Thanks for the the reminder on that wrong fuel line. You are the 2nd guy to remind me.

The first was the awesome Mike of Sunwest Z down here in Ventura.

I figure I just got two passes and I better fix this s***.

It's fixed and now I am safe.

And done.

COOL! Glad to hear that is fixed.

If you decide you aren't quite done yet and find yourself removing more goodies showing more of that really cool intake, keep us posted with pics. :wink: