HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

Can't see the picture yet - "image pending approval." That air box is very cool. Doesn't it bang against the fender well when the engine torques over?

Yes per my previous post it was pending approval but anyway you should be able to see it now. As for the "banging", the engine/trans is solid mounted. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my fairly stock engine bay on my old black 240Z...It was pretty clean with a few pieces polished or plated to make it pop when the hood was open.

That is very clean. Beautiful engine bay. Simplicity can be best when done right.

Direct oil injection!!!

Yeah, the charge pipe runs between the crossmember and the oil pan. Two advantages. Cold charge does not run behind the radiator. Leaves room for the mechanical fan.

I thought you might have an injector cooling fan from a 280ZX hidden down there somewhere, giving you an extra electronic supercharging effect :rolleyesg

You have a link to a thread or a gallery with more pics of the piping? I cannot see enough examples of this being done to satisfy my curiosity.