HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

Maybe I'll rethink a positive crank case ventilation system then. I always said no way because I don't want it to gunk up my carbs. I wonder if I run it to a catch tank to catch any liquid or gunk, and then let the vapors suck from there into the airbox. I don't know.

Thanks for the kind words. I just was looking at your Z, assume car I'm a little jealous. You can check out some picture's of the rest of my car under member's photo's and you'll see it in it's stock form and with the new suspension, wheels and tires.

• 1 year later...

Is that lunar lander foil? Are you planning a trip to the moon? :mrgreen:

Lunar landers use Mylar foils. I used aluminum foil. Next time you need to mask wires and tubes for painting, try it. It's 1,000,000 times better than tape and paper. :D

Oh yeah I have another engine bay now....update.

819500239_Uxhsp-XL.jpg

838974219_GMCbH-XL.jpg

822812318_vJKSm-XL.jpg

Here are some engine bay shots of my BRE Tribute car and a link to my interesting end to a wet race.

Nice one :)

what are the hoses going from your radiotor hose to the head/thermotat housing, etc?? it is related to cooling as discussed on the piston #5 cooling issue?

• 3 months later...

I realized that I never got back here to post pictures of my completed engine bay. So here it is L-6, N42 bored and stroked to 3100cc, E88 with lots of work, TWM intake with Weber 45 and a custom made carbon fiber air box from Keith @ www.customworksproducts.com

post-3505-070874600 1305091152_thumb.jpg

post-3505-026290100 1305091167_thumb.jpg

I realized that I never got back here to post pictures of my completed engine bay. So here it is L-6, N42 bored and stroked to 3100cc, E88 with lots of work, TWM intake with Weber 45 and a custom made carbon fiber air box from Keith @ www.customworksproducts.com

You're doing what I'm building for an airbox. I wanted to put the filter there, looks good.