HybridZ

Show Off Your Engine Bay! Pics Wanted, L-series

philipl

You're doing what I'm building for an airbox. I wanted to put the filter there, looks good.

Thanks, I agree, it does look appropriate there. However, the only plans I have for the car is to move the air filter out in front of the hot engine compartment to allow it to get cold air.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

SAE gives HP Rating standards. If not done according to SAE/JIS/DIN standards and specified beforehand, just about any dyno reading is useless for comparison to another unit. It's only validity is relative to the last test on the same unit in a series of comparison runs.

I am unfamiliar with "Aussie HP" but somewhere it has to be traceable to SOME engineering standard for achieving a standardised test result or it's useless. State the standard being used, and knowing the standard originally employed conversion mathematically is fairly straightforward.

Like JIS PS to SAE HP to DIN Kw ... It's all mathematical derivation of instantaneous torque measured by load cell deflection or current absorption in an electric load cell and extrapolation based on rotary speed at the time the reading was taken...

Edited by Tony D