HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

Ok ok when are you guys going to learn which side of the car the steering wheel should be thats the right side how can you drive with your right arm out the window when you sit on the wrong side.

Can of worms ?

Actually, I recently found out the logic behind "driver on the right, drive on the left", and it's a good reason: you want your strong arm on the wheel. That's pretty much it. If you want your strong (generally right) arm on the wheel, your weak arm will do the shifting. At the same time, you want the clutch next to the tranny (at least you did at one time) and the shifter directly attached to the tranny for mechanical simplicity. So the driver sits on the right, shifter and clutch where they belong. As a side-effect, you want the driver to be positioned toward the center of the road, thus you drive on the left. If you reverse this (driver on left), you screw the whole thing up, weak arm on wheel, strong arm shifting, more complicated clutch mechanism, and drive on the right.

So, though I hate to admit it, the Brits had it right.

Well, technically it IS in my Z...right? :mrgreen: I can't wait to get this swap done! ZZ4 350 to start with and I am in the process of getting the cam, timing set, heads..etc... This is going to be a daddy and daughter project for the winter.

vpfdlj.jpg

14kctgz.jpg

34j8yv7.jpg

One piece at a time!! Just like Johnny Cash. :burnout:

Edited by Phlebmaster

Ok I couldn't resist seeing all of these beautiful motors. It's inspired me to move on with my conversion. Just a basic 327 with all the bells and whistles.... and yes after scrolling through this thread I bought myself an alan grove alternator bracket set. Cheers:burnout:

002.jpg

003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...