HybridZ

Lets see your V8 in your Z.

Hey thanks Pete, quite a compliment!

Hard to believe the car is 36.

Harder to believe the wife is 45!

Oh but wait until you see the next one....motor, that is.

I gotta say I'm generally impressed with the women on this thread.

It doesn't make much sense to me, really, I mean what is it about a grease-under-his-nails guy obsessed with a 35 year old project car dripping various fluids on the garage floor that makes these total babes want to compete for our attention with these overpowered sardine cans?

Maybe it's because with my badass Z, finally, at long last, 30 years later, I'm the coolest kid in high school!

LoL - I have a BSME and MSME, did a Masters thesis the size of most PhD dissertations. I've done rocket science, and now I sit and write C++ code all day. :) Yeah, the hot chicks don't usually go for the geeks! But you are an example of that not always being the case, as your post in the "girlfriends/wives" thread proves. :).

I dabble in electronic circuit stuff now and again, but I'm just a hobbyist. I do own an oscilloscope though, and know how to use it! I think that qualifies me for uber-geek status. :)

Yeah, I am often impressed with the women I see in the girlfriend/wife thread - that they go for us greasy gearheads!

• 2 weeks later...
Greg. whree did you get that 3-way front tower brace. Been trying to find one?

Your engine compartment looks really nice although it looks more crowded than mine

The 3 way brace is a home made, bolted to the firewall and struts.

Yeah I don't know where all the room went, I have hardly any room on the passenger side because of the wiring harness, the stock fuse links and the braided fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator.

I could probably get rid of more wiring that I don't need because I kept the Firebird fuse block and mounted it up front, I have plenty of spare power circuits and relay sockets for future stuff.

• 2 months later...