HybridZ

Is this nissan extinct in United States

HowlerMonkey

I haven't seen one since I prepped the last one for the crusher at our dealership (VOB nissan) in bethesda, md in 1994.

I snagged about 20 primo captains chairs from these.

They were so bad and that nissan bought them back from the customers because they would catch on fire shortly after being parked........not good if it happens in your garage.

I did two campaigns on them that essentially replaced most every rubber part in the engine compartment including seals, pumps, and many gaskets and didn't pay jack ♥♥♥♥ under warranty.

A year after doing the campaigns, we prepped them for the crusher as nissan made some good offers to get them off the streets.

Yeah that's my dorky ass after finding a camera under one of the captains chairs and only half an hour after being broadsided in a pathfinder which eventually netted me a $50,000 settlement.......minus lawyer fees.

van2.jpg

At this time, I work for nobody but I spent a long time wrenching nissans.......mostly Z cars.

My last job killed my soul and I need to recover.

That one pictured ended up on it's side during a nissan van demolition derby.

Imagine a bunch of technicians who know there is a very large parking lot full of vans that will be going to crusher and you can imagine what kind of stuff went on.

If they had bad shocks, they would do wheelies and stoppies.

At this time, I work for nobody but I spent a long time wrenching nissans.......mostly Z cars.

My last job killed my soul and I need to recover.

That one pictured ended up on it's side during a nissan van demolition derby.

Imagine a bunch of technicians who know there is a very large parking lot full of vans that will be going to crusher and you can imagine what kind of stuff went on.

If they had bad shocks, they would do wheelies and stoppies.

There's a whole group of us in the same area... why the hell havent we met up?

LOL at Shift00 making a medical conclusion from a picture.

I was actually concussed at the time the pic was taken.

I was sore all over but the next day I woke up with my right lower leg tingling and terrible back pain.

The trauma caused swelling in my spine that damaged some nerves and I'm lucky I didn't wake up paralyzed from the waist down.

The back pain slowly subsided in 3 years of me working out daily and the tingling only subsided after 14 years.

Damaged nerves will many times repair over time.........a very long time........long enough that even though I now have what seems like full nerve action in my leg, I will have many more years before I undo the muscle atrophy that resulted from the nerve injury.

If you ask me, $50,000 was not near enough.

I also suffered a double hernia partially because the owner of the pathfinder I was test driving after service was very short and had things behind the seat meaning I was in an unusual driving position because I'm six five.

Customers complain when you even move a mirror so I usually try to not move a seat because we had another technician who crushed a $10,000 briefcase when he moved the power seat back into it.

I bent the steering wheel and the brake pedal because I was sitting at an a red light and had time to tense up as I saw the car coming toward the driver's door.

Thanks for playing Shift00.

I drive this turbocharged maxima all over the area soon to replaced by this M30 with L28et.

Yes those are 1984 300zx 4 lug wheels with 215/50s that bolt straight on with no spacers and they don't rub though I should have gone with 225/50s since they won't rub either.

I'll be taking it to moroso very soon with a for sale sign on it as it does the rocking horse down the quarter mile.

Any west palm beach guys know what happened to the Z car performance shop that used to be part of the nissan dealership on military near southern?

I'm out of words........I've used my daily quota.

maximapic.jpg

m30pic.jpg

I never knew why manufacturers don't release their baddest cars in a market (US market) that is known for craving performance cars.

Renault and Peugeot released lame cars in the united states and let europeans have the kick-ass rally cars.

I imagine things would be different had they released them here but I still think they would have had the same longeivity issues..........but........many americans forgive that kind of stuff if they get the performance they crave.

Either way....... I never liked the fact that chrysler/mitsubishi cashed in on the "EVO" nomenclature.

To me, a real "EVO" is......

Ford RS200 EVO

1986%20ford%20rs%20200%20evo%20r.jpg

or

Ferrari 288 GTO EVO

Ferrari%20288%20GTO%20P2%202.jpg

Lancia Delta S4 EVO......which is the car that killed group B rally racing by being so damned fast.

I believe chrysler used "evo" moniker with "lancer" which sounds a lot like "lancia evo" much like GM is re-using famous engine designations like "LS1" (originally a 427) or LT1 or LS7....etc.

specledi.gif

Ford RS200 EVO

1986%20ford%20rs%20200%20evo%20r.jpg

Lancia Delta S4 EVO......which is the car that killed group B rally racing by being so damned fast.

I believe chrysler used "evo" moniker with "lancer" which sounds a lot like "lancia evo" much like GM is re-using famous engine designations like "LS1" (originally a 427) or LT1 or LS7....etc.

specledi.gif

I've seen both of these cars up close in person in the states. I used to work in this industrial complex and this really rich guy had rented one of the buildings to house his huge rally car collection. He would take some of the stored ones out and tear ass around the parking lot every once in a while to get rid of the cobwebs. His Delta was the full race version. He had a Renault Turbo II and a bunch of Peugeots and a whole lot of others that I couldn't identify.

The R200 he actually drove on the street. When a friend and I asked him about it he said he had an F40 but it wasn't fast enough, so he bought the RS200 and had it modded to 800 hp, and that it did 0-60 in 1.8 sec. It was painted yellow with a skull and crossbones on the doors and hood. Pretty mean looking car. It also could be shifted from front wheel drive to all wheel drive to rear wheel drive on the fly.

BTW I think the one you are showing there is the non-EVO. At least I'm used to seeing "ears" on the roof mounted intercooler on the EVO version. I could be wrong on that, not an expert or anything...

• 4 weeks later...
What is that??? What engine ran it into oblivion?

NapsZ or Z24.

Worked ok in trucks and pathfinder (kind of) but burned up in the vans.

Just saw one on the road that was mint in west palm beach so it probably belongs to one of the idle rich who have too many houses.