HybridZ

Sexy video/soundtrack of a 3.1L, triple weber, open header motor

josh817

:icon54:Had to take some pictures of the exhaust pipe since I'm trying to sell it. Thought I'd go nutso while it was off. No picture to it because when I got back home I heard sirens and wanted to make sure someone didn't call me in. Last thing I need is the car, the place, the sound, online for people to catch me, yah know? :D Slap my wrist I know, but the pipes are back on now. Only did 5500 RPM cause the electric dizzy with HEI module started crapping out at 6000 RPM. EDIS-6 is on its way. Finished building the Megajolt board and rev limiter, now tis time to install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbcs-Ar_eZs

The entire car shakes around and ****. Makes me feel like a king!

Its for sale, buds! 6-1 ceramic coated headers with 3 bolt flange, 3" exhaust all the ways through with the muffler and everything. :D! I'll post in the For Sale section later on.

208bk36.jpg

I love the sound of these engines with no exhaust. You should just drive it around like that all the time.

I would die probably. The whole car rattles, it would fall apart. Note where I talked about sirens in the first post...:roll:

Keller isn't a little pasture town anymore. The police will snab you for that and make sure you pay a fine with a hefty tow fee too.

Sounds good... and mean as hell.

sounds really rough below 3000rpm though. is that how big the cam is? 0_0

Stage IV Schnider cam so that would be .490"/290º. I'd like to go up to Rebello's grind because from stage IV to stage V jumps up to like a .560"/300º. Rebello makes something between there, .525" or something. Power doesn't hit until 3k. :icon54: The first run when I was explaining the exhaust was when the motor was heating up. This motor seems to be very particular about its running temperature. Big difference between cold and hot when it comes to that pushed into your seat feeling. Carbs aren't tuned either. You can hear on start up that it sounds like one cylinder is puffing/coughing a little. My big problem right now is if you floor it below 3000RPM there is a huge blip in the throttle. It practically dies and THEN it goes so you have to either be above 3000RPM and floor it or gradually bring in the throttle.:icon53:

Oh and I like how quickly the gears go through with a T5 tranny and a 3.54 rear end! Can't wait for a 4.11!

EDIT: Uploaded the videos with image to my photobucket.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/josh817/?action=view&current=CIMG1146.flv

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/josh817/?action=view&current=CIMG1147-1.flv

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/josh817/?action=view&current=CIMG1145.flv

You can hear on start up that it sounds like one cylinder is puffing/coughing a little. My big problem right now is if you floor it below 3000RPM there is a huge blip in the throttle. It practically dies and THEN it goes so you have to either be above 3000RPM and floor it or gradually bring in the throttle.:icon53:

I think that's what I was hearing in the vid. The cam you have now isn't so big that it would cause any roughness above 1000rpm. Whats your compression like? I may need to open up my exhaust some just to get those nice NA tones!

...I currently have a 272/282 split grind with .480 lift and it's very docile. In other words: I need more CAM! (and less exhaust)

Compression should be around 9:1 give or take .2

I can't remember if its a 1mm or 2mm Nismo metal headgasket with the 89mm KA24 dished pistons. Wish I did flat tops but couldn't find any and I couldn't justify $600+ on a forged set of flat tops. The dude who I bought the head from said Stage IV cam and had the cam card with it. I'm still kind of skeptical because as you can hear, the idle isn't lumpy at all however it IS idling at 1200-1500RPM. I have the idle needles out all the way so you can't close the throttle anymore than it already is... I want a good 800 RPM idle so when I get the EDIS-6 installed I will back the timing off at idle, I think this dizzy was at like 15º and then 35º total or something. Something is messed up though because you can hear during the first pull when I hit 6000 RPM in 1st gear it starts to miss and the power just went down the drain. Ignition or the 40mm carbs have small chokes and its having trouble breathing...

EDIT: Olie what sort of exhaust do you have and whats your idle. You have a very nice idle note yet you said your cam is smaller than mine. I figured my exhaust note isn't lumpy because firstly I have a 3" pipe and it probably mixes all those lumps together to form one steady purr, secondly because my idly is above 1000RPM. :[ I want a sexy idle!

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=16799&ppuser=9320