HybridZ

Tough Times Need Support

dr_hunt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man... if she has connections in the public school to which he would attend you may want to consider a private school if at all possible. If she has manipulative friends inside and she somehow fools them into helping her that could be disasterous.

Not this school, but the one I have to dis enroll him from. Being a pain. But I got the paperwork coming this afternoon, so should be good. Then it's off to alb to buy him some clothes as she won't let him have his that I paid for before school started. :rolleyes:

And never be afraid of the truth, be it in a public forum or not! I am not afraid of anything I have said or anyone else has said.

There will be a day of reckoning, it is coming, and I'm coming and I'm bringing hell with me!

Good for you, Doc. Balzz to the wall!!

It doesn't surprise me that she won't let him have his clothes. But that's a good thing in a way. It proves how selfish, self-centered, and self-absorbed she is even at the expense of her own son's happiness.

I', suprised that it took this long for your son, but am glad to se it happen.

I married my present wife who's son was 11 at the time, who made the decision when her son was 10 to have him stay with his father (married and she had kids already, which was better than single working mom...). The tough part for her was her ex was in Austin, TX and she was here in Atlanta, GA.

When I first started dating her, she said she was going to drive out to see him one Friday and come back on Sunday. I immediately quashed that idea and said I'd fly him here for 2 weeks or a month (depending upon what activities he had going on during the summer), and have done that ever since.

We just flew to San Diego for his wedding (yes, we've been married 18 years now), and I haven't regretted the time or money spent in helping to raise him in any way shape or form.

At this age, boys need fathers more than mothers IMO, and I don't believe I am a male chauvinist pig in stating this.

I hope everything works out well for you and your son (I've met you both at what used to be SEZ), and look forward to seeing both of you again!

I didnt notice how old you said you son was but when I was going through this with my parents, oh about 6 years ago, I was around 11, I to wanted to move in with my father and my mothers lawyer flat out told her that the judge will listen to what I want and have somebody go out and inspect my fathers house to make sure it is up to par when it comes to having a child there.

I was in a similar position as you, but the other way around. It just took me until I was 18 to do it. I just moved in with him about 4 months ago. I ended up getting emancipated when I was 17 and divorced my parents and moved in with a friend. After realizing that living with friends can be painful and the shortage of money, I decided to get my life straightened out and give my dad his son back after 8 long years. Good luck Doc. It was one of the best decisions that I have made so far and I hope your son feels the same way. Ever young man needs a father to help them grow up.

There is a bond between a boy and his father.

Absolutely, the father's example and guidance is an important component in a boy's development.

My boys are 30+ years old and were a challenge to say the least getting through the teens - But all that effort was worth it for the end result.

I know you and your son will be fine. You definitely have my support and understanding.