HybridZ

Plymouth Cuda with BMW M5 3.8 turbo motor

maser

So cool this thread popped up, my wife wants an old mustang 65ish in year. I agreed I'd eventually buy her one if I got to put in a KA24DET or something of the sort. She doesn't even want a V8, just something more "economical." So looking forward to getting her a car now :D

actually almost when it comes to GM they almost all share the same motors, the saturn sky and the pontiac soltices are pretty much the same car, not to mention the ltx and lsx motors that come in a crap load of cars.

I was talking about back in the day 50's-70's, you know, the era of the car in question. Back then most of the GM subsidiaries had their own engines, chassis, interior parts, even down to many unique elctrical parts. Dodge was much more platform oriented by the 60's.

Yes and no. There are distinctions, depending on the year and engine.

Chrysler Corporation engines(Dodge is a marketing brand, not a manufacturer), specifically of the relevant vintage (1970s) had no issues with quality or reliability. They were extremely well-made and engineered, if a bit simplistic by comparison to a M5 engine of recent manufacture.

I like the ingenuity of this swap, I just think there's a lot of misinformation being passed around.

What Chrysler engines do you refer to as being 'shoddy'?

Sorry, I should specify so i'm not passing around misinformation. Chrysler corp engines themselves tend not to have issues, and I was mentioning the car, which has little relevance to the origonal car in the thread, I know. My remark was simply directed towards the fact that there were indeed issues with Chrylser cars like Ford or GM. Electrical systems just weren't like they are now back then.

...but they're still not VW when it comes to electrical problems...

Overall I would agree though, they've made some good stuff. But like everyone they've had thier lemons.