HybridZ

VH45DE Aftermarket

dan5138

Alright guys Ive searched and searched and haven't found anyone who makes performance VH parts. I'm looking for cams and high comp pistons (I'm building an NA engine). Ive also looked on Nico forums as well. There are a lot of companies who will do custom stuff, but I don't know who is reputable, any suggestions? If this info has been posted somewhere else and I missed it, procede to flame me to death :eek:.

*SIGH* it seems they have all the good stuff over in OZ. $1500 is a little excessive for regrinds, but I wouldnt mind getting the valve spring kit. Thank you for the info though!

Check this site out. It is connected to the NICO site, but if you dig into the VH/VK threads, there is some really good information. A couple of the Z32 guys on hybridz frequent that forum also.....pretty awesome what some of them have done. A couple of guys are planning twin turbo vh45s, some have dry sump systems etc etc.

Seems several Dealers have had sets made by CP. $1200 is still a lot to raise my compresion from 10:1 to 12:1ish. Ross offers a set of 8 pistons (custom order) for about $700. I kinda doubt this includes pins, clips, and rings : (. I will contact them and see... I have aslo emailed Crower about regrinds and have yet to get a response.

Seems several Dealers have had sets made by CP. $1200 is still a lot to raise my compresion from 10:1 to 12:1ish. Ross offers a set of 8 pistons (custom order) for about $700. I kinda doubt this includes pins, clips, and rings : (. I will contact them and see... I have aslo emailed Crower about regrinds and have yet to get a response.

If you find out, please let us all know!!! Your time is appreciated!

The Nico site seemed kind of goofy to me, more show cars and stuff. There are some really well engineered cars on the site though, especially in that forum. Their ride of the month was a guy in asia who did a vh45de and had to fabricate an entire front end of a truck to get the motor to fit correctly........pretty impressive. Its not just a bunch of FFF's, some forum people actually know their stuff!

I am more concerned about actually getting the VH motor to fit. I have another parts Z31 that I am cutting up this weekend. I am going to keep the front half to use as a platform to fabricate with. Should be interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...