HybridZ

Somewhat serious street build

• 1 month later...

Oh, I've already cut out the floor, getting it welded up again once it's driving. There's cardboard over it right now, so nothing flies up into my face when I fire it up.

And no, none of this is for the ignition. The knife just happened to come in on the same shipment as the clutch master and slave cylinder. I'll still have to pick up a hydraulic line and bend it into place, but if all goes reasonably well I could be driving (illegally) tonight!

Is this new project partially my fault? :)

Yes. I blame you.

Well, I placed my seats and harnesses in today, but didn't have time to bolt anything up or get pictures (it was really late). I'll see what I can do about getting some taken and sent to me today, it's starting to take on the appearance of a real car, finally.

• 3 weeks later...

So far is really the key... Started moving some stuff into my new house (which has a garage), but I won't be moving the Z for another week or two (depending upon AAA). Nothing exciting has happened, but I did snap a few new pictures of it in its current location today:

p1010582.jpg

p1010583.jpg

p1010576.jpg

p1010577.jpg

I got them off Craigslist for $60 with the harnesses. I'm not sure I'll actually use the harnesses; they're supposed to be bolted in rather than wrapped around the rear strut bar.

I'm pretty sure the seats are just from Summit. I'm not a big fan, since they recline (and don't even do so very well) but they do feel pretty secure and only required minimal modifications to the stock seat rails to get them to fit. I suppose I should do a writeup of exactly how they finally bolted up once they're actually in (right now nothing's bolted in, I still have to replace the floors before I add seats).

I got them off Craigslist for $60 with the harnesses. I'm not sure I'll actually use the harnesses; they're supposed to be bolted in rather than wrapped around the rear strut bar.

I'm pretty sure the seats are just from Summit. I'm not a big fan, since they recline (and don't even do so very well) but they do feel pretty secure and only required minimal modifications to the stock seat rails to get them to fit. I suppose I should do a writeup of exactly how they finally bolted up once they're actually in (right now nothing's bolted in, I still have to replace the floors before I add seats).

Well I like them BECAUSE they're reclining! I like the option of sleeping in my car. :)

They're also the perfect style for what I envisioned my seats being. I just hope they're comfortable.

Well I like them BECAUSE they're reclining! I like the option of sleeping in my car. :)

They're also the perfect style for what I envisioned my seats being. I just hope they're comfortable.

I'm 5'6" and 140lbs and they are obscenely comfortable. If I can find an identical set, I'll just put wheels on the bottom and turn it into an office chair. I would like hingeless seats, but these should do just fine for now.