HybridZ

steering shaft ideas

rdsk8ter

I am trying to see what others have done about the steering shafts in there cars. I would like to shorten my steering shaft or replace it with another that will move the wheel alot closer to the dash so I can put a steering wheel quick disconnect on it. I would also like more avalibility for wheel options. If there is a link then I am truely sorry I did search but I couldnt find anything. Also pictures would be awsome

Thanks again

I put the tilt column from a 2001 Camaro into my car. It's actually not that hard of a mod to do if you're willing to fab up your own parts. The steering shafts themselves are basically just pieces of steel pipe with u-joints welded on the end. The work part comes when you want to mount a different column to the underdash bracketry.

I put the tilt column from a 2001 Camaro into my car. It's actually not that hard of a mod to do if you're willing to fab up your own parts. The steering shafts themselves are basically just pieces of steel pipe with u-joints welded on the end. The work part comes when you want to mount a different column to the underdash bracketry.

do you have pics? mounting it would be no big deal at all just trying to get it closer to the dash more then anything

I tried a while ago to get some pictures of the mounting brackets, but there just isn't enough room to get a camera up uder the dash and get a decent picture. I did do a write up that will give you some idea of what's involved and I'll email it to you if you PM me with your email address...