HybridZ

Full on resto mod of a 240Z

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading this thread several mos ago and I got really inspired to buy myself a 240z for myself. I have restored many GM cars in the past, that is what we do at Vintagedreamcars.com. So maybe a couple of days after reading all off your thread I came Across the Z that I bought of Ebay, It is original a San Diego CA car and had been sitting in a garage since 1995. It was in no running condition but after 30min I got her running again, unfortunate all Fuel lines are rotten, paid 2k for a rust free Z other than a little on the rear hatch, having no Rust is half the Battle, less time and less money. I think you could appreciate the Color.

I remember reading this thread several mos ago and I got really inspired to buy myself a 240z for myself. I have restored many GM cars in the past, that is what we do at Vintagedreamcars.com. So maybe a couple of days after reading all off your thread I came Across the Z that I bought of Ebay, It is original a San Diego CA car and had been sitting in a garage since 1995. It was in no running condition but after 30min I got her running again, unfortunate all Fuel lines are rotten, paid 2k for a rust free Z other than a little on the rear hatch, having no Rust is half the Battle, less time and less money. I think you could appreciate the Color.

That's awesome! Wow. Looks like you found a steal too. Mine was $5400 and came from San Fran. No real rust at all though, and my interior was in a bit better shape. But I replaced all that anyway. In other words, I'd say that your $3400 savings over mine on the initial car was very well done! Great work! So, what are your plans?

The group that restored my unibody is a GM resto shop too. Miller Brothers Hot Rod Barn. They specialize in 55-57 Nomads that go for $200k plus.

blakt out i love your car!! i am also restoring/upgrading a car....mine is a 78 280z but just looking at your pictures inspires me to keep going....thanks

Wonderful! My first was a 78 as well. Congrats! They're addictive! Between my 78 and this one, I have owned 12 OTHER Zs!

Every time when my wife made me washed the dishes and I got sad...I will come to this thread and looked at it....it brought joys to my soul.

CLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN :redface:

That's hilarious! Thank you for that. Hey, anyway I can help!

I noticed "Thai" in your name. I was in Thailand for 3 months last year. Very... HOT... place!

I have been getting many Idieas about what I want and I'm thinking an all Silver Theme but I saved this video to my favorite and have been watching it again and again, it reminds me of an old Merc SLR or a vintage Ferrari and want to keep it classic original from the exterior and swap my L24 for an KA24 (T)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DsyyndCfIQ&feature=related

• 2 weeks later...
Wonderful! My first was a 78 as well. Congrats! They're addictive! Between my 78 and this one, I have owned 12 OTHER Zs!

'

12 z's???? Simply awesome.... I couldnt wait to finish modding/restoring my 78' so while waiting I bought an 81' zxt to drive around...Im using the L28ET out of the 81' as a donor for my 78'