HybridZ

Full on resto mod of a 240Z

17" brushed CCW Classic wheels. Michelin PS2 tires. AZC adjustable control arms. Every bolt and screw is new. Check out the door. New firewall insulation. The window trim, the door handles, the locks. All new.

Hey Blakt out-

What size are those tires on your wheel there ? I am looking for tires for my Konig Opal 17x7" wheels and those look like they fit perfectly. I have stock struts with Tokico springs and shocks though, not the coilovers like yours. Thanks-

jared091.jpg

First off, great work. Kudos on the SR... Looks like Im going in the same direction, though Im building the motor myself. Im not surprised to see the Full Race mani won't clear the steering, and can't wait to see pics of your custom solution. My 260Z is soon to go on the rotisserie where the real fun will begin.

I was curious to know what radiator and intercooler youre using? They are perfectly sized -- were they totally custom? What shop did you order from? Specs? The orientation is exactly what I had in mind.

- Greg -

• 3 weeks later...
First off, great work. Kudos on the SR... Looks like Im going in the same direction, though Im building the motor myself. Im not surprised to see the Full Race mani won't clear the steering, and can't wait to see pics of your custom solution. My 260Z is soon to go on the rotisserie where the real fun will begin.

I was curious to know what radiator and intercooler youre using? They are perfectly sized -- were they totally custom? What shop did you order from? Specs? The orientation is exactly what I had in mind.

- Greg -

Greg:

Both came from Mack at McKinney Motorsports. We had to do a bit of cutting, as they aren't a perfect fit. But I'm really happy with the end result.

Jared

• 1 month later...

Waiting on the exhaust manifold. It's taking a long time because he had to order a new collector to weld onto. I was told that it would likely ship today though. We have everything else just waiting there on it. Hopefully we'll have some good rejuvenation to this thread in the coming week or so.

Thanks for staying tuned!

This is obviously a "no expense spared" build you have here. That being said, I am going to ask the bluntly obvious and hope you are not offended. The approximate pricetag on this build is what curious minds want to know, well maybe just my curious mind. If you would rather not say, I understand, but the price of a 100 percent farm out job has to be adding up to a pretty tidy sum by now. Just a round number would be fine...

This is obviously a "no expense spared" build you have here. That being said, I am going to ask the bluntly obvious and hope you are not offended. The approximate pricetag on this build is what curious minds want to know, well maybe just my curious mind. If you would rather not say, I understand, but the price of a 100 percent farm out job has to be adding up to a pretty tidy sum by now. Just a round number would be fine...

He gave a bad guesstimate in the original thread saying that he has receipts everywhere... I think he also expressed no interest in ever having all those receipts in the same place at one time. You can make a round guess probably be right, give or take $20k

He gave a bad guesstimate in the original thread saying that he has receipts everywhere... I think he also expressed no interest in ever having all those receipts in the same place at one time. You can make a round guess probably be right, give or take $20k

I thought he said 80-100k but some of the reciepts for his Porsche may have been mixed in?

WOW im 15 and i just bought my first z your officially my inspiration i love your car and i was just thinking about doing mine that color but im sticking with the L24 mine has triple webers with a cartech turbo kit i cant wait to have it running and looking as good as yours

I was 15 when I bought my first one too, but it was a '78 2+2 automatic. Yours, in my opinion, is MUCH cooler! Good job! The L24 is the way to go if you want to spend that money on other areas. I love that engine, and would prefer (just me) to have it than a V8. I've had L24s, L26s, L28s, a 350, and now an SR20DET. Haven't driven the SR yet, but a good L24 is my favorite of the rest. Again, just my opinion.

I wouldn't want to be your insurance provider.

Phar

Why not???? If he is into new-porsche-sticker territory, I imagine he is willing to pay handsome premiums for a stellar policy. Most insurance agents LOVE getting policies like this because it is a cash cow, in a car that will likely be treated as a member of the Royal Family (read: high premiums, low odds of having to pay out.. It would just be a mother#$%#$ if you ever had to..)

Why not???? If he is into new-porsche-sticker territory, I imagine he is willing to pay handsome premiums for a stellar policy. Most insurance agents LOVE getting policies like this because it is a cash cow, in a car that will likely be treated as a member of the Royal Family (read: high premiums, low odds of having to pay out.. It would just be a mother#$%#$ if you ever had to..)

Well, you're right actually. Kinda makes me feel like a dummy, but yeah. Hagerty already has this car insured for $160k. They have during the entire process, just in case something falls on it in the shop.

Right. I meant to answer your parts question earlier. It depends on what parts you are talking about. I mean, I can't really type in where I found every part, but am glad to help where I can. Anything specific?

On the insurance, it's that I CANNOT stand to lose that kind of money. That's why the premium is worth it.

right, okay, I certainly understand YOU paying the premiums, that car is amazing and you've got the $ invested to ensure there's no equal.

As for parts, I understand you've had a lot of them reconditioned. but I was looking at the plastic interior parts and just the trim, it all looks brand new... was that all stuff you bought from the NOS guy? it's amazing IMHO...

even the little bolts and washers are so shiney new, amazing detail.

All of the bolts, screws, washers, etc actually were taken off very carefully, so as not to strip them. We then cleaned them by hand and then nickel plated them.

The plastic interior parts came from two places. I actually found a man who had bought 60% of the interior parts from a Datsun dealership decades ago. I bought everything he had, as it was for a 72 with a black interior and manual transmission. Perfect! None of the bags had ever been opened. Ever. They were still sealed up in "DATSUN" factory plastic!

The remainder of the pieces came from Les Cannaday with Classic Datsun. It's all great stuff.

I appreciate that you noticed all these little things. I tried not to miss any detail on this car.