HybridZ

The best darn 240Z resto-mod I can come up with.

Blakt Out

Inspiring...building one in the same fashion too, ours is more of a resto-race mod. I am doing most of the build which should save a ton of cash. So many things I see in the pictures are the same thing we are doing. Going with the 3.1 stroker for our car....thanks so much for posting the pictures, it really helped visualize the ideas that were already in our minds. Looking forward to seeing more pictures in the future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Amazing looking and simular stories are going on, at the same time, on both coasts. I purchased my first and only Z in 1986. The rest of the story is pritty much the same. That bare metal restoration, AZC parts, your right. You did do it right. I may be about two weeks ahead of you from your pictures. Great job and I know how your wallet feels.

Thanks for showing us schleps (me) how it's done right, OMG!!! I tried to find you thread over on classicz but couldn't find it again, thanks for posting.

Now everybody pay attention, this is why you want to start out with a rust free car. Pay a little more, "pay me now or pay me later" says the Z car.

Excellet job!!! Don't you dare add up those reciepts, you'll cry. I'll never add up mine either.

David

Hey mate what paint did you use for the under-body/sound-deadening - looks likes good stuff?

Here's another place where I didn't want a perfect resto, but something better. I really studied bedliner material. That's right. Like Rhino-Liner. They take tints very well. They don't scuff up either. So, we got some of that, blended it a bit smoother than normal, got it to exactly match the color, and then applied it. Before doing this, as you see in pics, we totally perfected the underside of the car, then rustproofed it all. This stuff is a sealer and really seems to be a perfect solution. I am planning on putting a lift in my garage, and think that this is a good choice for the undertray because it will be so easy to clean to look as sharp as it does now.

The floorpans (on the inside) are a similar substance called Lizard Skin. We tinted it too. It's a really good sound deadener and insulator. I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing an episode of Overhaulin and they sprayed that stuff down in the back of a Ute, once you started it you couldn't stop otherwise you would clog the gun,

They didn't actually say it was Rhino-Liner, but looked like that sort of thing!

Did you find that the case with the Rhino-Liner when applying?

• 3 months later...

Glad you guys like it. I can't wait to have this car done.

I just moved into a house with a garage, which is a big reason that I farmed out this whole thing. But I'll have the new garage plumbed with pneumatics and such and may finish it on my own. Can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...