HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

Geez i'm having a bad week. I learned today that the oil temp gauge wont work when its hooked up to the pressure sender. Oh and another thing the pressure sender needs to be hooked up to the pressure gauge for it to work!!! That's what happens when you get in a hurry and have little sleep ;>

• 1 month later...

Yea no kidding. the thing drives nice!!! cruises at 80MPH on the highway and gets 25MPH!!! The most this car will get fir a while is overfenders and wheels.

On a side note i dropped the "OTHER" one off to get a interior and glass. Hope to have it back in a week or 2. Then off to the dyno to see how the tunes looks at 4700 feet ;>

• 1 month later...

Man i don't know if anyone has worst luck then me finding Aholes that rip you off. Just went by the upholstery shop thinking i was going to see my car almost ready for pickup BUT NOOOOOO. Only door panels are done.Tthe shop is a wreck and 2 people there pulling unfinished cars out. So i walk over to my car and there is a guy sitting there scratching his head and i say hey whats up. He says "Are you the owner of this car?" I say yes hows it coming. He says OH COOLLLL im glad you came by. I needed to ask you exactly what you wanted to do with your car. Well i told the owner exactly what i wanted and i was told Wednesday that this Friday my car would be ready to pick up. He says "oh well.... i shouldn't be telling you this but he is in jail for breaking probation and is more then likely gone for 3 years!! shop is shutting down and i was told to do a headliner, doors and carpet to get this car out of here". I was like OH that's cool,(not really) but that's only a portion of what i agreed on and paid for.

Anyways long story short i have a very expensive headliner, carpet and door panels. If they even finish that...So i could sleep tonight i took the car and will bring it back tomorrow so he can finish the carpet and headliner. I am going to babysit there the whole day helping where i can to get everything done. The owners wife is trying really hard to make me happy but in the end im gonna get screwed out of 8-1000 bucks of work i paid for.

Man its amazing what a little google will do. I searched the douchbags name that owned the shop and found this. He is in jail because he broke the terms of his probation. Probably will do the last 3 years of his sentence. guess he started ripping people off again and the first call that came in to the cops they went down and grabbed him. Then i guess he popped positive for drugs.

I swear not a single penny leave my pocket again until a in depth search of the business is conducted.

Anyone want a heavily modified Z. Its not cheap but i'm thinking id let it go. getting really tired of it lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great dude. You going to block up the front a bit? If that's gunna go 150+ I could see it popping the bonnet with that much of a hole in the front?

Dave

Not in the plans but if it does i guess its a good thing its hinged in the front ;>

Going to spend the next 3 days or so finishing up the wiring and getting it ready for the dyno. man i hope to get it there soon. Kinda waiting on the word from the shop that screwed me on the interior on whether or not i'm going to get any cash back out of the deal.

How is the 2 speed powerglide on the streets? That's what I was leaning towards getting, but I kinda wanted to have it able to drive medium distances, like from Anchorage to Seward and back. Not expecting much for mileage, but I would like to be able to tell it in miles per gallon instead of gallons per mile :unsure:

I actually drove it on the road yesterday. got up to around 45 mph and nothing fell off. getting a windshield put in next week. ordered some stuff to heat treat the hood and master cylinder. here is a pic of the heat shield i built. plan on using heat reflective tape on that and wrapping the down pipe. under the hood will get some attention to.heatshield.jpg

As far as how will it drive on the road. As long as you don't get crazy with the converter it will be very street able. i plan on driving mine to the track here in Utah which is about 40 miles one way. If the tune is right and you stay out of the boost a rb26 will get 20+ MPG even with 1000cc injectors.

How do you stay off the boost in a turbo charged car Stony?

Do you need some medication for that? Valium or something?

I can't seem to keep my right foot behaving behind any cars, yet alone a high powered monster. ;)

Yea i hear ya ... something about having tons of money in the car and not wanting to blow it up just yet. needs to go to the dyno before i start messin around.

On a side note.

I got my rear glass in... what a *****. That's a 3 person job!!! Also got the seats fully installed. Wednesday next week will have the front glass in. !!!!

2012-08-11171729.jpg

2012-08-11171712.jpg

2012-08-11171701.jpg

2012-08-11171844.jpg