HybridZ

my back brakes are different year??

jesse

maybe a prior owner needed new rear brake calipers and bought used ones from a 1981 because it was cheaper than $250 each from Nissan.

If they don't bolt on someone may have just swapped the entire rear trailing a-arm

i had tried just purchasing the 82 calipers but the mounting spots are different distances apart

You ought to take that tire back to the shop and have them spin it 180 degrees on the rim. That is in my opinion an unacceptable amount of weight. While you're at it you might have them redo the whole balance and do it dynamically with weights on the inside and outside of the rim. Right now looks like you have a static balance, which means no weights on the outside and also not a very good balance.

As to the brakes, you apparently have 81 control arms and brakes. So what? Like I said before, they don't stop production and throw away all last year's parts.

Just wondering, is your car an automatic? It looks like from the pics that it has an R180 diff instead of an R200. The crossmember is an earlier 79-81 as it does not have the gussets on the ctl arm bosses. The ctl arms look to be the earlier style as well as there is the one piece hard brake line as apposed to 2 flex lines per ctl arm as on the 82-83.

It looks to me that someone has swaped the entire rear suspension from an earlier ZX into this one. Not really a big deal, though.

Aaron

yes to answer your question my car is an automatic

the weight issue: there are weights on the outside and the inside but the rim is damaged badly (was hydroplaned) have a new rim and all but gonna wait to put the tires on because car does not run i think i blew a fusible link.