HybridZ

snowflake wheel width?

L67z

I had origonally thought all the ZX rims were 7 inches wide, but found they're actually 6 inches wide. I believe they're all the same width, possible slightly varying backspacing, but within 10mm of eachother.

Hope that's a starting point for you.

This site: http://www.xenons130.com/wheeldifferences.html

Says that they're a +12 offset, and I believe that to be accurate.

It's actually cast into the wheel, as well as being in the FSM. My 1982 NA wheels (NOT the same as yours) have 6JJ-14 stamped on them. That's a 6" wide wheel, JJ lip pattery, 14" diameter. Check the GI (General Information) section of the Nissan FSM, it has all the wheel options listed along with their sizes and offsets.

The '81 Turbo FSM suppliment lists a 6JJ-15 *10 single piece aluminium wheel. Translates to 6" wide, JJ lip, 15" diameter, 10 mm offset.

Do you really think if I had the wheels Id have to ask? I know its stamped on em lol. Been fixin cars for 15 years and do it for a living just wonderin if they were worth lookin into. Obviously not since 6 in wheels will not carry the tires i want to use. Thanks for the info guys.

yeah lol, most do ask

Yea, it's also easier to ask, sometimes even if you do have a set. It's tricky to get a good measurement when the wheels are in use with tires on them, and I've seen wheels with the numbers ground off. Namely "show" wheels, that are painted fancy and weigh twice what stock ones do.

lazycat5 - Check with MT to see if those tires are rated for a 6" tire. There should be a spec for wheel width ranges on their website, or just call them. Better safe than sorry. If something does happen, it's a guarantee it'll happen at the absolutely worst time.

Thanks eec564, I checked and they rated them for 7"to 9" same minimum as the 235/60/15. The bfg's 235/60/15 are rated for 6"wheels. My car is only used for short drives to the local hangout and I'll use my trailer for track days, so I'm not to worried.