Shaved rear idea

Beau M

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

personally I like the flush background, but it is a very cool idea nonetheless. If done right and you make sure it blend that panel in perfectly then I say go for it. You never know, you may start a trend. I know I haven't seen it before - but then again I am a young'n and haven't seen anything compared to some of the dinosaurs on here.

Doesn't do much for me personally. I'd flush the rear and then get decals or paint DATSUN on the rear if thats what you want. Decals would be prefered that way it can be removed if you wanted to.

Cool idea though.

i like the idea! adds a custom touch that seems like it should be factory, even if the letters are body color, like the recessed letters on mustangs for example. example only. pretty inginious and so simple i'm suprised it hasn't been done 3 or 4 times by now.

if you like it do it! might have call a few junk yards and see if they have any old datsun trucks i can steal a tailgate off now. I was planning on cutting out most the rear and shaving it with smooth sheet metal anyways.

I really like this idea!

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for a clean tailgate. I need to redo my bumper area and think this might be worth a try as I will be completely replacing the panel with one from my parts car anyways. :)

Anyon have the dimensions on the tailgate?

Wayyyy too much talk about feminine hair removal products in this thread.

Moving forward, i'm not sure. I mean it would look "ok" just wondering about taillight placement or if it'd be too overwhelming. What about some place more subtle like the rear edge of the hatch?

I'm thinking placement would be right below the current tailight recess on my car. have it look like its more on the bottom of a rear bumper like the mustang's do. then i'll proceed with my custom tailight panel i currently have planned. i think some people are thinking it would be up high where the tailights are.

here is a quick example:

2000_Ford_Mustang_rear1.jpg