HybridZ

Rollcage and big turbo install

a6t8vw

Nice job. You shouldn't have too much trouble spooling that turbo. It's the equivalent to a GT42, and on a medium displacement engine it should work very well.

How much power do you need to make?

whatever it takes to go 200 at bonneville,..

.. i was reading a thread on theturboforums.com last night and a guy had a built 383 that made 970whp with the exact turbo @20 psi.. pretty amazing for only 75mm.

btw heres a more recent pic, the down pipe is finished 100_1659.jpg

100_1658.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great work, I can't wait to see pictures of it completed, and hopefully a video of it too. Your build is inspiring me to do a single turbo V8 now too because that just looks awesome. Except I would do a Ford 302 with a GT45 just because I already have the engine, lol.

man the exhaust gas that turbo is pushing is gonna send you flying to the left with a huge dump like that if it comes out of the fender right where the battery tray is. LOLOL. plus, if you hit a rev-limiter at the stop lights, you may be able to burn the hair off the face of the driver to your right. hahahahaha.

But i can see that it makes a turn downward, through the fender well.

My only question would be why you did not lower the turbo some 1 or 1.5 inches once you finished the exhaust piping. it looks like the collector is quite large and could be dropped a little to reduce hood deformation that would cause some aerodynamic issues for the speed you want to hit.

man the exhaust gas that turbo is pushing is gonna send you flying to the left with a huge dump like that if it comes out of the fender right where the battery tray is. LOLOL. plus, if you hit a rev-limiter at the stop lights, you may be able to burn the hair off the face of the driver to your right. hahahahaha.

But i can see that it makes a turn downward, through the fender well.

My only question would be why you did not lower the turbo some 1 or 1.5 inches once you finished the exhaust piping. it looks like the collector is quite large and could be dropped a little to reduce hood deformation that would cause some aerodynamic issues for the speed you want to hit.

100_1611.jpg

I wanted to be able to leave the radiator in the stock location, which i did. If you look in that pic i cant really go down much further.

I could have cut off the overhanging part of the t6 flange and brought the turbo down another inch or so. then the scroll of the turbine housing would be awful close to the water pump pully and belt.

I didnt really know the turbo was going to be sicking out the hood so much.

Probably should have just moved the radiator forward to fit the turbo out and lower... oh well next time...

launch conrol with megasquirt should be pretty interesting... BANG BOOM POW FIREBALL