HybridZ

#11110-20P00 rb20 oil pan discontinued!

zilvia_gt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an oil pan if anyone wants it... lmk. Im thinking of just going with a custom RIPS oil pan too. I've looked at this thread so many times, that im convinced that i'll just spend the extra money to go for something that will last me forever... The RIPS pan just looks amazing...

• 4 weeks later...

Its the same price as always, its a full custom kit with pickup to suit whatever motor you have, extreemly time consuming and high quality, nzd1850 including shipping.

We can add breather fittings and/or oil temp sensor boss at no extra charge if required.

Several sold to the US and Canada, very positive feedback.

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering what people's pain point is on getting the stock rear sump?

I recently went against my frugal nature and paid $400 for one and I think a little part of me died inside !

IMO, eventually one of these things will happen:

1) Nissan will start making them again, at least for a short period

2) McKinney will finally make his custom pan a reality, with baffles, extra sump volume, etc, price point tbd, but I'm guessing $500-$600

3) More and more individuals will come out with their own custom setups

I recently saw someone here trying to get $650 for an oem and almost thru up in my mouth a little. $650, really? At that point you can get a custom one made, or have your front sump modified to work.

My point... as I started, what is your personal pain $$$ threshold on the stock rear sump before you just wait until a better option comes along ?

I charge 475.00 for the rwd block and 575.00 for the awd block for my custom pan. I thought that was a good price. Thats the custom pan,pickup and sealant to seal it all up. I wish I could charge less but it takes alot time to make these.

I also considering making motor/trans mounts. So I could offer the complete swap kit to make life alot easier and less $$$$

If you just want to get the engine in, you could always use an L28 pan and cut the flange off whatever pan your RB came with and then weld the L28 pan (without rail) to that pan rail you snagged from the RB engine.

I know someone that did this in a 280zx and the engine hasn't skipped a beat since the last i heard of him. Then you can hold out for the pan or until you find one.

Might have to modify the pickup though, but it may be an easier road to travel down for some people with just a welder.

I guess I should restate this simply as possible...

"What's the most are you willing to pay for a stock rear sump before you say f* it and go another route? "

400.00 is pretty steep considering that you can get a custom one for 475.00-575.00

I'll take that as your 'threshold of pain' @ $400, anyone else?

But again, the question is simply "HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PERSONALLY BE WILLING TO PAY FOR A STOCK RB REAR SUMP PAN?"... not opinions about what else is available, or opinions about what I paid, nor how much you might have gotten one for in the past, or what you think they should go for, or opinions about what others might have paid, etc,etc.

The point... for those that don't have one, and need one for your swap, just simply "What would be your personal spending limit on a stock one?"

Examples of appropriate answers would be something like " I would never pay more than .75 cents " -or- "$300 would be about my limit before I went custom" -or even - "Screw that, I dropped my whole RB project because of the oil pan availability issue and dropped a SBC into my Z "

400.00 is pretty steep considering that you can get a custom one for 475.00-575.00