HybridZ

Classic Datsun rental in San Jose still exist?

Sparky

I'm taking my girl to San Fran for her B-day (Shhhhhh :) ) and was thinking about renting a 240Z for the weekend to drive out to Carmel...does anyone know if this place is still operating? I called the number and just came up with a generic answering machine.

tanks.

I'm not positive about this but I think that the San Jose one moved to Santa Cruz and then eventually closed.

The place that was in Santa Cruz is gone for sure. It used to be at the end of Pacific Avenue. The guy let me take one of the cars for a free spin around the block when I went in to chat with him once. I think I also bought a center console from him for like $20.

Unfortunately that place has been gone for a couple of years now.

I was trying to remain hopeful but deep down inside I had a feeling that it was closed.

:(

So while I have the attention of the locals, any one want to recommend a good restaurant for her birthday dinner. Secluded, maybe an outdoor courtyard nestled between two buildings, NOT touristy in any way, and enjoyable food?

Not much in San Jose what you might call "touristy".

You might try Santana Row, which is made to look like a European street.

Many locals go there on weekends, trendy, and many restaurants and a hotel.

Maybe a little too commercial for a secluded dinner, but many outdoor places again

like european bistros. Maybe San Jose's version of SF pier 39 or Monterey's cannery row.

Nice secluded but expensive place in Almaden, La Foret restaurant.

About 10 mi. so. of downtown.

hope this helps.

http://www.santanarow.com/concierge/tourists/