HybridZ

I really really need a set of INNER Tie Rods for my 240z

dave65cobra

Hey guys, I had my mechanic take apart my front suspension today and replace my outter tie rods and bushings with all new polyurethane components. He called me and said my inner tie rods were the originals and needed to be replaced as well because the threads were in bad shape. Anyways,, he tried several sources and had no luck finding them. I tried Motorsports Z which is 10min away from my house and they said they currently don't have a supplier for them. I also tried Ebay, Napa, Autozone, and Kragen and had no luck finding a stock replacement inner tie rod for a 73 240z. Does anyone have a set in good shape they can sell me know of a source where I can find a pair?

Thanks for your help,,

-Dave

No Forrest I do not have that kind of money, it was years ago , that I was working on my rack and I whent to the part store and if I recal right, he said you could only replace I think was the 280. ( I will see you at LeBlac )

Dave 65Cobra I have racks but I do not know if they are in good shape .

Rockauto.com sells them, Spicer brand part #4011312 for the "Professional Grade" or 4011312B for the "Red Label-Service Grade". I have no idea why but it doesn't list the 280Z in what these fit. I also can't tell if the picture is generic or not.

I just bought inner tie rods from rock auto. It seemed too good to be true, and it was they didn't fit. Just got them yesterday and they don't even screw into the original tie rods. The diameter on the outer threaded end is too small. I found this place called zbarn parts online, and the guy said he had numerous used inner tie rods. Nissan doesn't make them anymore, according to my local dealership. I was wondering if anyone has used this source for used parts?

If you need new suspension parts, for any car in the past and I mean most anything ever produced ,go on line or call Rare Parts in California. If they dont have it in stock they have the ability to manufacture new . They may not be the cheapest but they will get you the part. They even had tie rods and suspension for my Facel Vega in stock

http://www.rareparts.com/