HybridZ

Anyone use these projector HIDS

jay28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been out for a quick drive in the dark, the light is amazing, I live out in the country and the high beam really lights up the road, Im really pleased with them.

they come with 5500k hids as standard but I got the 8000k. overall Im pleased.

They look good, but I would like them better if they were more set back in the bezel. I thought I found a website with them for a much better deal, but they were priced individually instead of as a pair.

They look good, but I would like them better if they were more set back in the bezel. I thought I found a website with them for a much better deal, but they were priced individually instead of as a pair.

Yeah they do come out a bit far but the light covers should smooth things over :).

I think I paid a fair price, the only modification I had to make was to drill a bigger hole in the light housing so I could fit the connections through, apart from that they fit right in.

When you have a chance, could you take a picture of your beam pattern against a wall that's farther away, like Joel's picture? Also, do you have a picture of the back of the light? How far does it stick out into the wheel well? Did you have to ditch the plastic inner fender liner? And how much did you have to cut out of your stock housing-bucket, (or whatever that piece that you normally bolt the sealed beams into is called.)

Thanks!

-Forrest

When you have a chance, could you take a picture of your beam pattern against a wall that's farther away, like Joel's picture? Also, do you have a picture of the back of the light? How far does it stick out into the wheel well? Did you have to ditch the plastic inner fender liner? And how much did you have to cut out of your stock housing-bucket, (or whatever that piece that you normally bolt the sealed beams into is called.)

Thanks!

-Forrest

Could be awhile before im out in the dark in the z again, maybe next weekend,

The light fits into the standard light housing, so it doesn't stick out any further into the wheel well than normal. I just had to drill a bigger hole in the housing to get the connections through.

There is an ebay link on page 1 with more pics of the light.

Cheers

Here's a better pic of what they look like.........I'm going to get tinted lightcovers I think they will look better.

260z.jpg

Headlight covers sound like a good idea because from this angle your car looks like it has goiter.:shock::flamedevi:willy_nil j/k Car looks great.

Headlight covers sound like a good idea because from this angle your car looks like it has goiter.:shock::flamedevi:willy_nil j/k Car looks great.

Haha, thats a good discription!!, covers have been ordered :mrgreen:

Will the covers throw the light pattern off I wonder?

Will the covers throw the light pattern off I wonder?

That's a good question. I've heard that they do dim the standard Z lights significantly but that shouldn't be a problem with the light you'll be throwing out. :twisted:

Would be good to do what forrest suggest one pre light covers and one with.

Glad it's worked out for you.

WOW! I dream of having lights that bright in my Z. I have driven around with my high beams on and people haven't even noticed.

I don't like how the projectors stick out though, it looks like a sealed beam headlight in backwards. Are all HID projectors like this?

Thanks for being the guinea pig

Here's a better pic of what they look like.........I'm going to get tinted lightcovers I think they will look better.

260z.jpg

jay,

Those look GREAT!!!

I am glad you like them!

We will be ordering more soon.

The black looks very nice!

I am glad you are happy with them!

Enjoy! If you have any questions regarding your order please don't hesitate to contact me: http://www.dxhid.com/contactus.htm

Thanks!

Dave!