HybridZ

Basic Haltech Ek6 help needed.

Meph

I have a 1jz and got this ecu and harness setup with the car, nothings installed but I have a few questions.

- Will I need to purchase a separate ignition module?

- When wiring the injectors, the manual shows 2 injectors per injector output from ECU (aka, INJ1 wire goes to injector 1 and 2, INJ2 goes to injector 3 and ect) Would I be using Multiport Injection and having all injectors fire at once? (and is this the normal set up of the stock ECU for injector firing?)

Multipoint injection fires all the injectors together. This is the most common set-up and will normally be used on engines with multipoint injection manifolds (one injector per cylinder).

Ill have more questions later as its my first time wiring and programming an aftermarket ECU, but getting these thigns off my mind will help :)

You should be able to use the factory ignition module. I can't remember how to wire it up on the 6 cyc. but the multipoint injection is about the easiest way to hook it up. You have 4 devoted injector drivers on the E6K so you can do 2 injectors per driver and do a batch fire too I think. Also you can may be use a trailing ignitor to make the 6 cyl full suquential. You would need to use two aux output drivers to run extra 2 injectors. I can only tell you vague infomation cause I don't have the manual in front of me. There is a tech forum for haltech on their website should be more helpful