HybridZ

Would this tick you off?

BenJammin

So, I bought a few things from a seller on Ebay. The seller id is 'reddat' (sells a lot of Datsun stuff). Anyone here that buys stuff off Ebay has seen this seller's inventory. So anyway, bought one item (Buy it Now) and was looking to buy another that was a regular auction expiring in another day. Okay, he contacts me like the next day after I won bought the 1st item bugging me about when I was going to pay! Fair enough I guess, but jeez louise. I promptly wrote him back letting him know my intent, but asked that he combine shipping, to which he agreed. I bought another item as promised and paid IMMEDIATELY for both items together, but shipping was still $9 for 'First Class' (these two small items will fit in a padded envelope). Anyway, two weeks go by, no package. I send an email asking about it, and here's the email traffic (start from bottom and read up). So I put this here to get opinions.... is this guy being a douche or am I being impatient? Note it is been over 3 weeks since I paid him.

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, *******@comcast.net <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Subject: Re: shipment on ebay items

To: <benjamminz99@yahoo.com>

Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 5:44 PM

i shipped the box day after you paid sent it first class postal service

i will let you know if it gets returned to me

----- Original Message -----

To: *******@comcast.net

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:39:45 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Hi, I still haven't received my parts.

Is there any additional information you can give me,

such as date shipped, type of shipping, etc ? Thanks

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, *******@comcast.net <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 7:04 PM

box hasnt been returned to me so its on the way still

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 9:00:16 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Monday the 16th still not here. Should 1st class mail be taking this long?

--- On Wed, 3/11/09, <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7:23 PM

they have been shipped

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:13:29 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Subject: shipment on ebay items

Hey,

Got any guesses on when I'll get the items I paid you for back on 25 Feb ?

Datsun 240z,260z,280z Rear Brake Line 3 Way Connect NOS

Datsun 240z,260z,280z Upper Corner Door Rubbers - NOS

Thanks

if they did return it to sender it takes a LONG time for it to actually reach the hands of the sender, just be patient, if he is still talking to you, then chances are he isnt trying to screw you out of your money.

agreed. I've bought from him before with no troubles so it's probably on the mail end of things. Does he have a tracking number for you?

So, I bought a few things from a seller on Ebay. The seller id is 'reddat' (sells a lot of Datsun stuff). Anyone here that buys stuff off Ebay has seen this seller's inventory. So anyway, bought one item (Buy it Now) and was looking to buy another that was a regular auction expiring in another day. Okay, he contacts me like the next day after I won bought the 1st item bugging me about when I was going to pay! Fair enough I guess, but jeez louise. I promptly wrote him back letting him know my intent, but asked that he combine shipping, to which he agreed. I bought another item as promised and paid IMMEDIATELY for both items together, but shipping was still $9 for 'First Class' (these two small items will fit in a padded envelope). Anyway, two weeks go by, no package. I send an email asking about it, and here's the email traffic (start from bottom and read up). So I put this here to get opinions.... is this guy being a douche or am I being impatient? Note it is been over 3 weeks since I paid him.

--- On Thu, 3/19/09, *******@comcast.net <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 5:44 PM

i shipped the box day after you paid sent it first class postal service

i will let you know if it gets returned to me

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:39:45 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Hi, I still haven't received my parts.

Is there any additional information you can give me,

such as date shipped, type of shipping, etc ? Thanks

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, *******@comcast.net <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 7:04 PM

box hasnt been returned to me so its on the way still

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 9:00:16 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Monday the 16th still not here. Should 1st class mail be taking this long?

--- On Wed, 3/11/09, <*******@comcast.net> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 7:23 PM

they have been shipped

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:13:29 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Subject: shipment on ebay items

Hey,

Thanks

Hey-

For what it's worth, I have bought alot of things from Reddat, and have been very happy with his service. I think something must of happened in the postal system because I have always gotten his products right away.

I bought once from him and don't like his shipping charges. If you paid through paypal, file a dispute since it's more than 7 days after payment. You only have 45 days from payment date to file it and better to have it on file while waiting for the item. Within 20 days upon filing a dispute, you have to escalate it to a claim if you have not receive you item so you can have your money back.

Ive also bought parts from him. Everything went fine.

And as mentioned it can take a long time for stuff to get somewhere. I shipped a box to the east coast and it took a month! There wasnt any problems, it just took forever. Although I dont know why a small thing would be delayed. My box was really big.

I have bought from him and I HATE his shipping charges. They are flat out rediculous but he does seem to have some parts that are hard to come by so I guess you have to pay that premium.

It does seem to take a while to get stuff from him but they are usually post marked on the day he says he shipped them. USPS is sooooooooooo slow compaired to UPS or Fedex.

... USPS is sooooooooooo slow compaired to UPS or Fedex.

Not my experience when sending stuff via Priority Mail - from Austin,TX to San Francisco has been 3 days at longest; whereas UPS Ground consistently is around 5-6 days. Priority Mail is typically on par pricewise with FedEx Ground and UPS Ground. First Class Mail is a nice cheaper option.

In the end, the best service to use is highly dependent on location and the size/weight of the item being shipped. If you're shipping out in the middle of nowhere, UPS and FedEx are really expensive; meanwhile, USPS stays pretty close to the same rates.

Hey,

Thanks

I was going to buy that same 3 Way Connect from him until I found it was still available

from Nissan for less than $12. It seems that a lot of his stuff is from Nissan at 3X the price.

http://www.nissanparts.cc/cart/?pn=46313-68201

Not my experience when sending stuff via Priority Mail - from Austin,TX to San Francisco has been 3 days at longest; whereas UPS Ground consistently is around 5-6 days. Priority Mail is typically on par pricewise with FedEx Ground and UPS Ground. First Class Mail is a nice cheaper option.

In the end, the best service to use is highly dependent on location and the size/weight of the item being shipped. If you're shipping out in the middle of nowhere, UPS and FedEx are really expensive; meanwhile, USPS stays pretty close to the same rates.

PRIORITY MAIL is the ONLY thing I will use for USPS. it's the ONLY damn service they have that gets to places when it says it will. FIRST CLASS is really freaking slow.

a buddy sent me a paintball gun I bought from him from NJ to NC. it took over TWO WEEKS to get it. not only that, but the ENVELOPE with the money order I sent him took FIFTEEN days to get to him. after the second week we were both flippin out thinking our money got lost, but the next day he got it.

just chill out a bit, it'll get there. First class mail is total crap.

USPS Tracking also sucks. every time I used it here's what it tells me

The shipping dude said he's gonna ship something

The mail dude said he gave it to you.

that's it. unlike with UPS tracking (where you know exactly when and where it's been throughout its 3 day journey)

Thats "confirmation" not tracking. but its better than not having it, then you can tellthat the seller actually sent it:p

I won't use USPS any more. I sold about a dozen items on EBAY and shipped them all via USPS and they lost 3 of them. What sucked was that one of the lost boxes was 280 stub axles that had sold for $120! None of the lost stuff ever showed up, so they won't get any more of my business...

SSFlyer, in my early days of eBay I learned that, like sellers, not all buyers are honest. That said, I only ship USPS Priority signature required...period! It is stated clearly in every applicable auction. If the buyer doesn't like it then they shouldn't bid. Too many cases of items being 'lost' and 'never received'. I always paid back the buyers but was always suspicious. Ironically, with the signature requirement that problem has never occurred again and it has been years now. Reddat does charge excessively for shipping. I personally hate that padding. First class mail is just generic mail. It is damn near the cheapest possible at USPS. Lastly, ALWAYS research the part or ask on these forums about availability. I OFTEN see 'rare' items on eBay listed well above their value that are actually still available through Nissan.