HybridZ

GT240 lives!

I've worked on cars for over 35 yrs. I have NEVER SEEN a tripot design joint used on the outboard end!!!! Always tripot inboard/, c/v outboard WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

Just my 2 cents.........Are you sure the axel is not installed "backwards"????

I've worked on cars for over 35 yrs. I have NEVER SEEN a tripot design joint used on the outboard end!!!! Always tripot inboard/, c/v outboard WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

Just my 2 cents.........Are you sure the axel is not installed "backwards"????

I cant believe I missed that, does look like you can mount them both ways.

Yea from the pic it looks like they can be swapped, but they have larger custom inner flanges so I can't screw that up. Good news though. The guy at the shop is going to build custom outboards as well so hopefully this will no longer be an issue. On a different note I wanted some feedback from you all on my spring rates. I was thinking of running some 425 fr/ 375 r instead of the 550/500 combo. The present rate is just too high and too stiff. The springs almost total the vehicles present weight. What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

Jay,

What tires are you going to be running while on the track? I think that will have a great deal of influence on what spring rates work well for your car. Also out of curiosity, what is the total height of your car from the ground to the top of the roof. Just trying to get an idea of the proportions your car has.

Justin

I'm finally understanding why you had to do the tube frame front, and new fender liners in the rear. I've got my 280z down to ~45". The front tires are resting on the inner frame rails. I'm going to lower the rear ~0.75" more. These Z's do look great lowered this much. Its going to be a lot of work to get the suspension and chassis setup correctly at this ride height though!!

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/Justin_Olson/DSC01454.jpg

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/Justin_Olson/DSC01461.jpg

Regards,

Justin