HybridZ

Rattling

Ugh, so I put in my SBC 350 into my 1979 280zx. Everything's working fine, hauls ass etc.

My issue is, it's severely shaking the car, so much so, that the starter has come loose, along with a few other parts.

Anyone got any recommendations on what I can do to reduce the effect all that rumbling is doing on the rest of the car? Or is this just going to be a permanent problem?

Thanks in advance!

Im definitely a novice here on the boards, but I do recall in the JTR manual it mentions that aftermarket engine mounts can use a harder compound rubber than a stock GM engine mount thus causing more vibration in the car. What engine mounts are you using?

I suppose more details would have to be given to us in order to rule out possibilities though.

Nah I used the JTR mount and their special mounts. Was really nice fit too since you can move it around.

Things have just been coming undone like crazy. I was thinking it's just too big of an engine for that tiny car. I drive it quite often so.. Figured it was just that.

I need to figure out how I can make it vibrate less though or I'm going to have to keep doing maintenance on it, and it'd be dangerous to keep driving.

This all took around 6 months to accumulate though after steady, everyday driving. This to be expected? Some bolts on the heads/headers get loose after a week or so of driving, I just keep re tightening them.

The 350 itself is not the problem. Driveline angles, drive shaft balance, or any number of other things are going on. The header bolts are a problem unto themself. Do some searching. And yes you have to keep doing maintenance.