HybridZ

Summit Block Huggers with JTR setup

Didnt know if anyone had used these headers with the JTR setup but.....I decided to chance it and bought a set of their cheap raw material block huggers and they fit perfect with the JTR setup, pretty thick flanges, 1 5/8 primaries, 2.5" collectors, a little 2k degree black header paint and they look excellent .....I think they were $85 dollars........sorry about the camera phone pics.....

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G9060&N=700+301555+115&autoview=sku

IMG00346.jpg

IMG00347.jpg

I used a pair of those on my swap. They fit well enough, though they're "economy" pieces - fairly thin flanges that tend to warp a bit, no hi-temp finish, prone to rust. They've lasted five years now, though, under moderate use. For the price (I was running out of money at the time) I'd recommend them, but better quality pieces would be, well, better.

My hugger headers came in. They look pretty good, only neg I would give them is some paint runs on the finish. I got them from rodpartsdealer for $69, including gaskets and hardware.

And they fit!

Thats in a 280? THe rack is in the front of the subframe? wat do u do about the steering column.

I have a 300zx and my block huggers on the driver side dump right ontop of the gear box for my Rac. NOt only that but the space on that side is very limited due to the steering column and oil filter. The passenger side the header has more room but part of the steering rack braket is in the way. Any sugestions on wat to do about headers. Im def goin to relocate my oil filter but so far custome exhuast work is the only thing ive been told to do. Has anyone found a header set that works? Any help would be awsome thanks

For the same type of O2, just pop your car into advanced auto, find the part, then click the link of what other cars use this part.

No, they do not. I am just going to get the exhaust guys to weld the threaded part of a spark plug anti fouler to the down pipe, or just to ask them to make a bung mark. You can always drill a hole and thread it, but why get a heated O2 so close to the motor?