HybridZ

Advise on my setup please.

Don't worry i have literally spent the last 2 days searching and am still a little unsure on this. I have a 73 240z that's getting a turbo lq4 (6L iron block ls1) and will be running upwards of 650+ whp. My plan is to use a built r200 and do a 5 lug conversion. Is it worth it to get the billet 280z axle stubs from modern motorsport or should i just have the stock ones redrilled and use the stock 240 axle stubs? Is there much of a benefit of using the 280z 27 spline axle shafts that cant be corrected by buying a good set of halfshafts like moser? Also where can i get axles like this to convert to a r200? Forgive me if this is common knowledge im a little new here.

acidrain088: I have been down this road. Went from 240Z Stub Axles to 280Z stub axles. Found out even they are subject to breakage. Found out modern motorsport replacement 280Z stub axles have broken under enough torque right where the axle necks down to the spline portion. Now I have the BEEFY 280Z stub axle that modern motorsport sells and that one should stand up to the torque as for all practicle purposes DOES NOT neck down for the splined portion of the shaft. I have installed these and will be going to a 383 cu in Gen 1 SBC. Additionally, I purchased the four bolt (outboard) CV half shafts that snap into the R200, in my case a clutch limited slip R200 differential. Search here and the internet about the R200 and the facts will come your way.

Pretty much decided right now on the setup. I am going to use an r200 built up, modern motorsport axle stubs and hubs to convert to 5 lug. mustang cobra wheels, 300zx front brakes and ill make a set up for some small wilwood brakes for the rear. My only question right now is where to get axles from for an r200 to a 280z spline axle stub in a 240z. where can i get the

"four bolt (outboard) CV half shafts that snap into the R200"