input on your thoughts, does it seem worth the

money?

the only real things wrong with it...

1. minor rust under driver side floor pan

2. bold broken off on the right side of intake

manifold

3. interior needs to be redone

4. needs new paint job

5. bad gas sensor (needs to be replaced)

The good things about this deal.

1. Comes with brand new weather stripping

2. comes with 2 transmissions(auto in car, manual

out of car)

3. Comes with all new trimming

4. appears to be 58,xxx miles, might be 158,xxx

Note: Engine hasnt been started in over a year,

but there is no signs of oil leaking, appears to

just need a new battery to start. but i plan on

making my decision of purchase after i hear the

engine start and run for a couple of days

(non-continuous)

Here are some pictures.

th_IMG_2164.jpg

th_IMG_2165.jpg

th_IMG_2166.jpg

th_IMG_2167.jpg

th_IMG_2168.jpg

th_IMG_2169.jpg

th_IMG_2170.jpg

th_IMG_2171.jpg

th_IMG_2172.jpg

th_IMG_2173.jpg

th_IMG_2174.jpg

th_IMG_2175.jpg

th_IMG_2176.jpg

th_IMG_2177.jpg

th_IMG_2178.jpg

th_IMG_2179.jpg

th_IMG_2180.jpg

th_IMG_2181.jpg

th_IMG_2182.jpg

th_IMG_2183.jpg

th_IMG_2184.jpg

th_IMG_2185.jpg

th_IMG_2187.jpg

th_IMG_2188.jpg

th_IMG_2189.jpg

th_IMG_2190.jpg

th_IMG_2191.jpg

th_IMG_2192.jpg

th_IMG_2193.jpg

th_IMG_2194.jpg

th_IMG_2195.jpg

If you want more pictures to make a better

decision, ask. The car is down the street from me.

It has a few nice things like the msa body kit or the rims (if you like 'em), but the drivers side floor pan is bad. Usually rust doesn't just appear in one spot, so make sure you poke other spots from underneath. Generally, a car with a shot interior and not run for over a year would not be worth 2000 to me. The oil pan looks like oil did leak, running down on it. The different paint color inside the trunk could mean it had a rear end collision at some point, and the fact that the guy has two transmissions leads me to believe there was something wrong with the original transmission, I'd assume the one installed, since the automatic shift lever looks original. Now, not seeing the car I don't want to discourage you, but I do strongly recommend to take it to a car shop and have it thoroughly inspected. Rather lose 100 bucks on that than waste 2000 on a car that may or may not only be worth 500, if that. Either way, good luck with this or any other car you will get!

Kenny

Please don't spend 2k on that car!

Set out a budget and look around online here as well as locally/craigslist. For a bit more than that you can get a solid runner with little rust, and for under 5k you can have an very nice car.

I wouldn't necessarily assume there's anything wrong with the auto tranny. Most people will prefer a manual in a sports car and the owner probably just wanted to swap it over out of that personal preference.

i talked to the guy, he said he doesnt wanna loose "what he put in it" so the price stays right around $2000... i was waiting to hear it start... turns out theres a bad connection to the fuel pump.. so ive lost all hope for the car... mostly because he doesnt wanna go down on price..

and i think some one here mentioned something about yellow being on the inside...

apparently the original color was yellow..

besides that, ill just save up and keep a sharp eye out on craigslist.

Thanks for the input.

good for you!! who care's how much money he put into that thing 10 years ago. I dont think he will sell that car anytime soon. Chances are he will be checking out the Z you decide to purchase to see how messed up his Z really is.

+1 For 2K you should be able to find a much more solid car. He's dreaming if he thinks that rust infested thing is worth that much. Typicaly on an old Z, if the rust is that bad on the surface, it's a total nightmare under the paint.

If you've never done a project vehicle then you really don't know how much time and money can get dumped into it. Double that if you've got minimal tools and limited mechanical experience. Plenty of us have been there too. You are better off spending twice the money to buy a really solid car that won't drain you financially or emotionally. Give him your phone number and politely ask him to call you when he is willing to sell the vehicle for a reasonable price. It would make a good project or parts cars for half the money...maybe. If some one else buys it then consider it good fortune. You'll find something better for $2k just keep looking and don't jump too quickly.

Here are a couple of 280ZX's in craigslist that might be interesting:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1093449634.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1099764912.html

For $3500 there are a couple of 280Z's and a turbo 240Z project if you're willing to spend a little more.

Every day there are more of these showing up for sale, just pick and choose carefully. Find the car with the least amount of rust possible as a base to start with, this will save you more money than anything else.

lol.. umm, i would rather a 280z, and would love it to be 5spd. thanks for the help, and ill probably get one this summer cause i graduate in like 8 weeks from high school, so ill get a 40hr/week job and start racking up cash for one.

by then, i should be able to go up to $4000 if needed for a really solid z

• 2 weeks later...
i talked to the guy, he said he doesnt wanna loose "what he put in it" so the price stays right around $2000... i was waiting to hear it start... turns out theres a bad connection to the fuel pump.. so ive lost all hope for the car... mostly because he doesnt wanna go down on price..

and i think some one here mentioned something about yellow being on the inside...

apparently the original color was yellow..

besides that, ill just save up and keep a sharp eye out on craigslist.

Thanks for the input.

That was me mentioning the different color... Glad you didn't take it! Good luck with your search... And your grad and finding a job and...