HybridZ

what color is this??

big-phil

Awwww, you guys are killing me. I think picking a color is the hardest thing I've done!

getting married....easy, and stupid

having a kid.........easy, I did nothing but eat hospital food.

picking a paint color...... hard.

I agree you just dont want to pick the wrong color and regret it 1 month later. Especially after dropping $1700. Which is a bargin for a paint job but still $1700 nonetheless...

I want the key lime/green apple but right now dark or hunter green with black flares is really growing on me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb4gp4r_6wg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I called Rob in Cali. to find out for sure the paint color of his green 240z. He said he would really appreciate it if I didn't paint my car the same color as his. He said he hates it when he sees a car the same color as his (its a custom green) I can appreciate that, so the search continues. I talked to the painter down the road and I'm set to bring him the car 2nd week of April. :(

Phil. I am telling you the color of that guys car looks a whole lot like mine. Here is a bigger pic of the flying pickle. If you like it I can send you the color. I don't care. Imitation is a form of flattery. ;)

IMG_9260.jpg

Let me know if you want the mix. I am telling you the car looks really nice in natural light. I will have to see if I can find some of the pics Mike had taken at the track.

Phil. I am telling you the color of that guys car looks a whole lot like mine. Here is a bigger pic of the flying pickle. If you like it I can send you the color. I don't care. Imitation is a form of flattery. ;)

IMG_9260.jpg

Let me know if you want the mix. I am telling you the car looks really nice in natural light. I will have to see if I can find some of the pics Mike had taken at the track.

Dude your car is sweet! Its in the right shade of green for sure. I'm liking the Kawasaki green also. I was SO deflated after I got off the phone, I surfed the web looking at colors AGAIN. But man this green has me hooked! buZy, Dude if you only knew how much I love black! I just want something thats going to POP against the black flares.

Eh, I feel where hes coming from, but you cant own a color. besides your in the midle of the country what difference would it make on top of that you have a completely different drive train. I say paint it that color even if its a little off from his its still a nice looking green.

As far as greens go for me these are my picks:

The Rescue green (on 2007 Jeep JK series) is one awesome colour to see in the sun in person. In pictures it looks earthy and brown, but up close it's outstanding:

jk3.jpg

My Next pick would be this here and it was only offered on the 04 (maybe 05 as well) Jeep TJ. This is a picutre of our 2004 Rubicon, it's hard to tell but if you can find one in person (it's a pretty rare colour) it actually has a nice metallic in it. It's dirty, i'm sorry (it's rarely ever clean). Chrysler called it "Electric Lime Green Metallic" if i'm not mistaken, pretty straight-forward name:

n509881577_2381715_3633.jpg

And i've raced Motocross for years and a colour of Green that's always caught my eye is Kawasaki's FLO Green (Circa Early 2000's/2001 for sure) it's a little richer and deeper toned than the traditional Kawi Green (which I find pale, chalky and bland personally) Flo=Flourescent:

dscn2349_400.jpg

Dunno if my contributions help you any or complicate it more :D

Phil...

no offense to Rob.. but its your car.. you can do whatever the hell you want to it.

He lives in California.. you live in Texas.. I dont think anyone will ever say "omg i saw a Z that same color the other day not far down the road!"

If you like the color.. stick with it. You only live once.. do what makes YOU happy.

Phil...

no offense to Rob.. but its your car.. you can do whatever the hell you want to it.

He lives in California.. you live in Texas.. I dont think anyone will ever say "omg i saw a Z that same color the other day not far down the road!"

If you like the color.. stick with it. You only live once.. do what makes YOU happy.

I'm thinking the same thing. He wouldn't give my the paint code, but it sure looks like a ringer for Kawasaki green! PETEW is sending me more pics of his car in the light. I think its going to be that, or the Kaw green, or something right in that neighborhood?

Eh, I feel where hes coming from, but you cant own a color.
Totally agreed. As much as I would like my Z to be unique from the rest, I realize that I can't really tell people not to paint their car the same color as mine. Fortunately, I don't think that'll be an issue with it's current color(s).

Go with the green. It'll look great with the black flares.

Reading through all the posts, good advice these people have. It seems you dont want to step on anyones toes but honestly its your car, your want of a color, your money to spend so do what makes you happy and if it bothers someone else that you have a same color then screw it. Cant make everyone happy :)

I love the green, first thing I thought was "Damn, Phils car in that color would look incredibly awesome right beside Chris blue Z."

Thats what I though also. I love Chris's Grabber blue paint also, but for us to have the same color would be gay.....

Have always liked the look of Green Z's, I think Jeffer249(?) has that black Z with that swirl of purple in the coat, perhaps you could go black with a swirl of green, dont know how that would look, give it a nice edge, proberbly cost more then its worth...then again you want to show off those flares so the solid colour might work better in your favour.

Go with the green, Big Man.

Green is definitely a good color, the black fender flares will really make it pop too... Did you see the post about the wrecked Z maybe a few weeks ago? I think how he had the window trim black (powdercoat maybe?) looked really good, it would probably go really well with your theme and might be relatively easy since you've already got the car torn apart...

Oh, I saw in your video a TT manifold, is that going to be the future of Big Phil's Z?