HybridZ

240zt Paint, HELP ME PICK A BLUE! POST pics of your blue Z

bco6

Interlagos blue is fantastic! rick i called the website the car was hosted on and I was told it was a custom color from japan..... that is a great blue as well, I was ready to paint it that color as soon as i saw the car... too bad..

This is the blue from the duplicolor paint shop series. It looks nice after two coats. I'll put a third coat on so it might be a little darker, plus the clear coat that will be it nice and shiny. I'm 19 and doing it in my garage. I've painted the Z once before and was expecting runs and sags but this paint is so easy to spray and it's premixed. No runs, no nothin', just color.

DSC02486_thumb.jpg

DSC02485_thumb.JPG

I love laguna seca blue - it seems to change color in different lights....

Interlagos is really nice too.

My favorite was always carbon black (BMW M3 as well) - it was black at night and dark, DARK blue in the daylight.

Or...there's the Datsun Satin Blue metallic of my 280ZX :)

• 2 months later...

Here's mine.

blue72color072.jpg

I'm returning mine to the stock color. In my case it is Datsun color code 072 metallic (poly) acrylic enamel. I had both 903 and 115 mixed up in small batches and they were each much lighter than the original paint that was still on my car.

Guest Gr8White

Admiral Blue Metallic from the Gran Sport Corvette of the mid 90's is a nice color, I've seen it in person on a Stang and it's really a nice blue....

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems like you are looking for more of a darker blue, but have you ever considered anything like this? I know I fell in love when I saw it and plan to do mine similar. Good luck deciding

lightbluedatsun.jpg

Edited by bimic92

The PO picked this 1999 (?) or 2001 Honda electron blue pearl. A bit too flashy for my taste, but it grew on me. With all the pearl, it can also go from dark to light.

MSA_2008_1_33.JPG

I agree about the BMW blue on an S30...that would look really good.