HybridZ

Will I need longer studs? 16x8 RBR, 6mm spacer, stock 78 front studs

So I went ahead and measured it out and it seemed like the front studs would be a little short to have the same length threaded as the width of the stud. Did I measure this correctly, or have other people with the same setup or similar, been fine.

If needed I was looking at the quest studs. Im sure theyd be long enough.

Thanks for the help.

Yeah I was going to PM you but wasnt sure what spacers you were running.

Do you remember about how much thread was left with the spacers and wheel on? I tried to measure it out and it seemed to be less then 3/4 of the width of the stud. Its not much....

Ill definitely go to napa and look if they have the quest studs.

Also where did you get your spacers? Techno tuning? I am getting a quote from them right now for a set of the 7mms.

I checked with Upgrade motoring on their 6mm since they were out of stock.

If you're upgrading your S30 its probably a good idea to replace the wheel studs even if you're going to run the stock length. These things are 35+ years old, have had the wheel nuts hammered on and off by who knows how many impact guns set to 150 ft. lbs., and the threads are probably way out of form spec.

Yeah I was going to do that, forgot. I figure the more information I can include in posts the less people will have to pull their hair out trying to figure out what they need as they read 8 year old threads (what Im doing).

Part number at napa was 6412785 for 83-89 Nissan Quest Rear Studs.

• 5 weeks later...

Challenger,

You are my hero. Seriously. I just bought a set of these damn wheels and I was at a loss getting them mounted. Seems I didn't do my research correctly, haha.

What spacers are you running with these? I have a 73 240z that has been lowered, and it seems like its gonna rub no matter what i do. Do you have any photos of the wheels on your car? I know your setup is gonna be different from mine, but these studs alone made my day. Thanks again.

I have a set of 7mm spacers on the front.

I havent gotten the car on the road yet so I dont know if every will work but given the information Ive gotten from numerous people and threads itll hopefully work.

Ill try to get a picture of the fronts on. Like I said its still on jacks but it looks awesome. Im at school right now and Im not sure when Im getting home tonight..

Guys, just a word of advice for those that haven't installed wheel studs before. Double and triple check that the stud is installed all the way, and the head is bottomed before you finish. Any gap left will cause a loose wheel down the road (literally and figuratively).

It's one of those things that I've seen just a few too many times (done it myself) and it's an easy thing to avoid.

Sorry to ask so many questions, ha, but I have another. I am guessing the stock lug nuts won't quite fit, so a set of tuner lug nuts will be needed? I noticed that MSA sells a set of them that are 12mm x 1.25, just wanting to double check that they would fit before I buy them. Thanks again, if i get these beasts mounted I will post photos immediately.`

I just got a set of lug nuts from Les Schwab with the tapered end. No need for the tuner nuts. Just be sure you have the tapered versus shanked? Im not sure what each is actually called. You just want the lugnuts that taper down smaller on the threaded side, the original ones that partially slip into the wheels wont work for obvious reasons.

Nissan Quest rear wheel studs. Rock Auto P/N 610403 (Dorman brand) $1.37 EA. Use coupon code 1540765383880 for extra 5% off = 16pcs < $30.00 shipped.

Edited by 75&78Z
hit enter before message completed

Awesome, got all the studs no problem and they mount up well. Hopefully this is the last question I have to ask you guys, ha.

What sort of spacer are you running Challenger and where did you get them? I know you said 7mm, but any recommendations on where to go? I am looking at JEGS' site and they have some baer spacers that are .250" thick, little less than 7mm. Not sure if they fit the bill, and also if i should get some for the rears so they are flush with the fronts...