HybridZ

my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

Ricky Ricer-

Ill find out how much he is going to charge. Right now hes testing with mine and we have to see how the graphics hold up to heat and if there are any complications. The quality in person of the aluminum piece is amazing to say the least.

Zrookie-

I'm usually in the valley :)

T S30 H-

At least you have a pretty sweet S2k to keep you busy in the meanwhile :mrgreen:

MoNkEyT88-

Sorry about that dude, I remember you were in the area but I wasn't around that weekend

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scary thing is I was real close to doing an RB swap on a 250c coupe if I found one but decided I don't need another major project like the Z. The original motor runs so sweet on this car though I wouldn't even dare. I am however tinkering around with the idea of wiring a megasquirt to it and running a modern EFI system instead of the bosch mechanical fuel injection that it has.

• 2 weeks later...
Got the date locked in for the Modified Mag photoshoot!!! Gonna be this saturday, most likely a beach/ocean location.

I must say im pretty excited, hopefully hell give me the pics he takes in a CD or something so I can post some up :)

Oh damn. Who are you dealing with? Ive shot stuff for modified mag before.

That's a tough question. I bought and installed a lot of parts which aren't MANDATORY for getting the car running so my price might be a little higher than someone that does a bone stock install. But I would guess a safe 5K should be put aside for a basic swap with the necessary items to get the car running properly.

Personally I would get brakes and suspension first and then move into the swap so with those items you are looking at a decent chunk of change which needs to be addressed before the swap is even in the picture. Also I redid fuel system even when I was running a stock turbo because its just easier to get things ready for your future plans when the motor is still out.

Good luck on the project btw!

love your car man!

You should most definitely leave it flat black.

I was planning on doing flat black and I decided to do a search to see if it had been done and behold your car shows up. Its looking great.

Cant wait to see whats next.

What are your rim and tire specs?

(hopefully I didn't miss this answer in a previous post)

Getting her cleaned up for the photoshoot, snapped a few pics with the iphone. I changed the lines for the valve cover breathers to AN lines and fittings, got new heatshields (forgot to take picture), custom carbon fiber oil cap, intake manifold plaque which reads "RS SPEED 250Z" and general underhood cleanup. I forgot to take a picture with the custom coilpack cover, it should look pretty sweet!

I also cleaned up the interior and did some gauge work. The 300zx speedo and tach are installed and fully functional, I can finally see the numbers at night!!!! Also installed three autometer gauges (got them for free so why not) and moved my AEM truboost and wideband to the top stack. I think im going to get a AEM electric fuel pressure to finish off the top and mount my datsun fuel/oil temp gauge in the left hvac duct.

Also the photoshoot got delayed to sunday since it might be raining on saturday which gives me an extra day to clean her up some more haha. Oh and methanol injection is in the works, coming soon after the photoshoot. I need to get that and my CV conversion finished by March because we have a track event on April 2nd. Anyone in SoCal is more than welcome to attend to watch or participate, gonna be a full day of racing at button willow!

rb25det_240z_1.jpg

rb25det_240z_2.jpg

240z_rb25det_1.jpg

240z_rb25det_2.jpg

My car did that at first. Hardwiring the power to the coils through a relay fixed my problem, hasn't missed since. I am however running a bigger buick coil so maybe mine needed more juice to operate properly but I'm just throwin it out there :)

Here's a finished pic with the heatshields and the cover in place

rb25det240z.jpg