HybridZ

my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a little update, shes almost ready :bigthumb

I tracked my radiator and its coming in tomorrow, Ill see if I can get some vids up by this weekend. This isn't the final color but its going to have to do untill I get some funds together. I/m pretty sure im going to do an R34 GTR bayside blue

new1.jpg

Man that color engine looks KILLER i didnt think it would look that good but man you did a great choice looks GREAT in that engine bay .:icon52:

• 1 month later...

Your car is beautiful. I hope my Z looks as good as yours when I am finished. I have a few questions about your set-up.

What are the specs on your wheels and tires?

What front air dam are your running?

I stumbled across your car and it has got me fired up.

You have done such a great job with your Z.

• 1 month later...

WoooTT!!!!

Bump it back up cause it deserves it.

I love to see that lots of blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into this car, you can see it in the small things and the cleanliness of the motor and quality of the swap.

Im looking forward to just driving my car let alone an RB. But I have one sitting nearby and i must say that i am very tempted.

Amazing job man. Two thumbs up.

I get my powdercoating done at "sundial powdercoating" on tuxford.... which answers your other question about my location LOL, most of the pics are at the crest.

wheels are as follows, if you are interested I might be selling them with brand new tires so PM me because I might be going another route :)

Front 17 x 8.5 (-24 offset with spacers) 235 / 35

Rear 17 x 8.5 (-19 offset with spacers) 255 / 35

I get my powdercoating done at "sundial powdercoating" on tuxford.... which answers your other question about my location LOL, most of the pics are at the crest.

wheels are as follows, if you are interested I might be selling them with brand new tires so PM me because I might be going another route :)

Thanks for the referral, I will be looking them up.

As for the wheels, those are Rota RB-R's right?

MINI UPDATE:

Gonna start the car today after being down for a month. Following was done.

Rear disc conversion, upgraded master cylinder, redid the intercooler piping on the driver side so its one piece, recirculated BOV, installed clear timing cover, carbon fiber coilpack cover, switched to external fuel pressure regulator, installed xenon headlights, extended intake out of engine bay, rewired a few odd ends I didn't like and tucked the harness and ignitor behind dash and some small things... Also put the cage in but it was before the car went down for the revamp. On to some pics, ill get better ones once I tie up the loose ends and clean her up.

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

zz3.jpg

zz4.jpg

zz5.jpg

Looks great!

What are your wheel specs? Using spacers?

A massive 7 posts up. :icon56:

I'll see if I could snap some pics of the fuel setup but its pretty simple. I was originally going to upgrade to a cell or surge tank but I've had no problems with this setup so I might just leave it alone. Pretty much a feed from the original drain of the tank going to a external pump with pre and post filters. Ran new 5/16 feed and return lines following the the factory hardlines (didn't trust the 40 year old lines). Running a stock RB fuel rail (525cc injectors) which is drilled and tapped for a fitting so I can run an external regulator which returns fuel to the original tank pickup so it puts the fuel back in the bottom of the tank. I kept one vent on the tank and one big line which connects to the fuel filler section and got rid of the factory plastic box in the fender which has a billion lines running to it. So far so good, I just keep the tank over a 1/4 tank and have had no issues yet even at the track.

I was probably one of the last few people to get the OEM rear sump oil pans and pickups. I got one locally at Erics Performance when the whole discontinued oil pump situation happened, I guess I just got lucky when I called them and he had one in stock even though they didn't have it listed.