HybridZ

my 71 240z w rb25det... almost ready

RS Speed

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i went to another store today and they had it. looks good. very nice article. almost wish they made it a little more clear at how hard and how much effort goes into this swap, to make everyone appreciate this amazing car.

They might not have it yet... it's a blue civic hatch with the motor showing through the hood on the front cover.

A kid at school that knew I had a 240z and loved old z's had the mag and brought it up to me the day he got it. He has a sub. I was like, yep, seen that car before on hybridz! haha. Way to Rep the right way to build a proper hybridz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its actually a turbonetics 60-1 but they are all about the same thing. It came with a standard 5 bolt flange for an external wastegate but I bought a 5 bolt internal wastegate assembly so I can run it internaly. There's a guy on ebay that sells the internal wastegates for dirt cheap although I cant seem to find him anymore :(

Here a few links to the basic part though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garrett-T3-Internal-Wastegate-Swing-Valve-5-3-bolt-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5880aef542QQitemZ380116071746QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Garrett-Turbo-T3-Wastegate-swingvalve-w-Steel-flange-/330437466209?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cef9b9861

NOT sure if this one will fit but its real cheap :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-TURBO-5-BOLT-SWINGVALVE-WASTEGATE-EXHUAST-HOUSING-/380241901991?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58882ef9a7

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys! I recently installed the alcohol injection and have actually been enjoying the car for the last month! Seriously feels like a monster at 18 psi :D

How is that spark plug cover artwork holding up to the heat?

Holding up just fine, hasn't fazed it at all even through a track session at button willow with 100 degree ambient temps!

Edited by RS Speed

i was wondering if you would be able to give me the dimensions of the spark plug cover, since my motor hasnt been delivered yet. ive been wanting my sister whos in art school to design a cover for mine and she needs the dimensions in order to do it. if you can that would be great Thanks.