HybridZ

Corvette spanks Niassan GTR

Corzette

People make ignorant comments about "other" exotics and how expensive they're supposed to be to maintain...:lmao:

Bottom line is this is a BUYERS market for many consumer goods right now... Supercars are CHEAP...

Mike

Plus, have you seen the maintenance cost of a GTR? Like $100 for "1" quirt of oil alone.

o_O

while trying to be politically correct all i can say is i have seen alot of 4 or 5 year old mercedes with pimp daddy wheels on them lately-and kid seats 2.all big s class.a buddy just got a porsche boxter cheap.its not a straight line screamer but its very fun to drive.if i was buying a fast car i would go with the vette over anything-the older i get the more i like instant torque with out waiting for turbos to spool up.a big hp number on a dyno from a small engine is useless on the street-something with a big v8 will allready have 3 or 4 car lengthes on you

No Randy, No you won't.

I'm producing over 500#ft. torque (at all four wheels), all of it coming in below 4000RPMS, MOST of it FLAT as a board, and all that without turbo lag... But hey, you keep thinking that! :wink:

Mike

you cant beat porsche's engineering on the turbo sizing-or having kkk(i guess) building them custom turbos.most people select turbos for a big dyno number when selecting an aftermarkit turbo.in the present car market $30k can get you a very nice 2 year old car with about 30k miles that went for $40k to $60k new.

With a correctly sized single BB turbo on a 3+ liter 4-500whp engine in a medium weight car you won't get lag worth talking about. Too much low speed torque and you spin wheels too easily, with the right turbo you can get moving without wheelspin and then break urban speed limits in a second or two.

So very true, except I'm pedaling duals... I ran on OEM street tires set at 40PSI in the rear, and spun the length of the 1/4 mile and still managed an 11:24 and 127MPH... I've data logged some impressive 0-60 and 0-100-0 times too... 2.9 to 60 and 10.8 from 0-100-00! :2thumbs:

Sadly, it's getting ready to be detuned for a quieter (read restrictive) exhaust and more refinement, as it won't see much track use for a while...

Mike

With a correctly sized single BB turbo on a 3+ liter 4-500whp engine in a medium weight car you won't get lag worth talking about. Too much low speed torque and you spin wheels too easily, with the right turbo you can get moving without wheelspin and then break urban speed limits in a second or two.