HybridZ

ran the skynoma at the track

scottyMIz

well guys not super happy with the results but not totally devistated. Track was slippery and i had turbo problems, 10psi was max boost that i could get. After a few runs i would get a crap load of oil out of the turbo blowing into the engine after i let off the throttle. The pressure pipe out of the turbo was saturated with oil when i pulled it off and there was shaft play up and down on the turbo. I was thinking it was maybe blow by at first but it ran no prob until i let off the throttle then it would load up with oil and smoke like crazy. My best run with the 20" wheels on it was 15.3@90mph then i swapped on the skyline wheels and i ran a best of 15.0@93mph. I think i could have got 14's if the turbo would have been working properly and if i could get traction. I have a heck of a time getting traction most the time it wheel hops, i have a four link in the back with air ride so im gonna try stiffer shocks and see if that helps. i'll post some vids when i get time tonight.

what do you guys think?

stock single for now i think it's bad anyway, truck weighs 3600 lbs without me in it and i think about 1/4 tank of gas when i ran today i filled it up. The gearing is still way off too so that will help along with a turbo upgrade. Best 60 foot sucked it was 2.4 i need some stickier tires :D im gonna take the turbo apart tomorrow and see if the seal is bad in it. If i get ambitious i might just put the twins or the t3/t4 on it but we are expecting snow and i dont wanna drive my zx in the snow while the skynoma is apart.

in this vid i think i ran a 15.3 that red g8 was brand new :D still had the sticker on it. There was a sweet supra there like 97or so, last body style. The kid sucked at driving but it had hella power he was trapping 120's but only running 13.5 .

here is the vid

th_SANY1109.jpg

lol its ok jason, i was just gonna tell you about the run and that i got the t3/t4e on it now. Its laggy as hell but pulls good on top end, i think i need a smaller turbine housing a .48 would be perfect. the wheel hop and spinning really sucks in a truck, plus the weight of the old girl all in all it did do good.

well i figured out why the truck was blowing oil out at the end of the track. I swapped the t3/t4e onto the truck as i stated above but i noticed that the truck would fall on its face under full boost. It did it only when the truck was warm and at first i thought it was the wastegate til i saw that it was pulling vacuum when it would drop out. I got to thinking and after a few adjustments to the wastegate i figured out why it was falling on it's face and why the truck blew oil at the track. The inlet hose hooked from the turbo to the maf was getting soft and would buckle under the suction from the shock on the stock turbo, on the t3/t4e would pull it shut with the added power and suction.

So i put a piece of tubing into the inlet of the tubing until i can make a custom one that i can route to the front. The moral of the story is i put the bigger turbo on for no reason........ well at least it does have more power :D

i got the gear swapped in yesterday and the posi unit, the speedo is right on the money now 100kmh=61mph. The accelleration is much better in all gears 60mph is at about 2600-2700rpm but the vibration moved down to 60mph. I didn't go much faster than 55mph all the way home but it cruised great and i am sending the driveshaft to the driveline shop today. I have a new clutch coming hopefully friday and should have her back together this weekend. I am going to try and turn the boost up again too see if i can get a bit more out of it. Im thinking the tubing was closing when i had it up before, worth a shot i guess :D then maybe one more track day before the may 9th meet