HybridZ

Thinking of swapping the tails.

I was thinking that it would look a lot better shaving the bumper and also molding a place for the license plate and having recessed license plate lighting. Really giving this some serious thought for when I start my Z project soon!

A 280yz wide body and this tail light conversion would look great though i think!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Someone mentioned Z4 tail lamps on here some posts back and wanted to know if they ever did it, Im toying around with a few idea's myself and the Z4's are one, here are my hack attempts at creating a visual using Ford GT and Z4 tamps.

Cheers John

post-15669-029668900 1326019412_thumb.jpg

I did the c-4 Vette light swap, it was actually fairly easy. I still have some work to do on it.

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

I'm swapping out the vette light assemblies for some Trailer LED ones that are tinted for better lighting. I have one installed right now but I need to bring it out closer to the front to line up better since they are not as deep as the OEM assemblies.

• 6 months later...

Several years ago I replaced the taillights on my 78 280z with units from a 88 300zx because I wanted something unique. I started a LT1 motor swap and the car has been sitting in my garage for the last 7 years. I made a commitment to myself to finish it this year.

post-18772-064794400 1341955465_thumb.jpg

post-18772-094013400 1341955504_thumb.jpg

post-18772-054180500 1341955516_thumb.jpg

Several years ago I replaced the taillights on my 78 280z with units from a 88 300zx because I wanted something unique. I started a LT1 motor swap and the car has been sitting in my garage for the last 7 years. I made a commitment to myself to finish it this year.

I have to say... not terrible...

I can't decide if I like or I don't. I like aspects of the look, but maybe something is just missing to complete the look, I can't decide.

I'd like to see how that (taillight) swap turns out.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a pic of my work in progress. It will be flat black with recessed LEDS. Except for the fuel filler all the back panel structure is intact so the factory lights could be reinstalled. I will also be building an under pan to hide the gas tank and have the exhaust penetrating the rear valance.

post-33376-0-86605500-1367378054_thumb.jpg