HybridZ

Video's of my car at the track

So after ditching the turbo, I decided to go the N/A route. Got me some CNC ported heads, biggie cam, and a Fast 92/92 set up. The car drives awesome now!! And I'm happy with my decision. I took the car out to the track a couple days ago and took some in car video. Its my first time editing a video so go easy. :wink: These runs are all on pump gas, tuning done by myself, running M/T ET drag's 26x8.5x15 Anyone who knows about Qualcomm knows that its a slip and slide and is hard to get decent 60 ft. times. Anyways... Enjoy!

FYI, there is a little bit of swearing in the video. I have a potty mouth.

Hey thanks! My best trap of the night was 102mph

The MS3 is a sweet cam, idles way nasty, and the car still has plenty of mid range, and lots of top end. Leaving a stop, Lets say.. Below 2k rpm the car will hicup slightly. But that could also be tuning. But does not bother me at all. Its a race car, suppose to run best at WOT. :wink:

Hey thanks! My best trap of the night was 102mph

The MS3 is a sweet cam, idles way nasty, and the car still has plenty of mid range, and lots of top end. Leaving a stop, Lets say.. Below 2k rpm the car will hicup slightly. But that could also be tuning. But does not bother me at all. Its a race car, suppose to run best at WOT. :wink:

Uh, yeah... you're thinking of the 1950's :mrgreen:

Wicked runs, but the 1/8 bores the poop out of me.

Thanks guys! The people in the crowd yelling at me were my friends. Haha

As far as mods go, I have the PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads offered from Texas-SpeedPerformance. Hardened pushrods, MS3 cam with 113LSA (because the 112 was out of stock). Fast 92mm intake with PTM 92 MM throttle body. JTR headers, 2.5" exhaust that Y's into a single 3.5". 3.5" intake pipe with cheesy cone air filter from an autoparts store. The bottom end is still untouched, same bottom end I ran the turbo on. :wink:

Thats really it, I tune the car with HP tuners on my own and use a Zietronix for a wide band. Seems to be getting the job done.

DSCN1552.JPG

DSCN1553.JPG

ColtGT4g63: Whose Roll Cage did you use or is it custom made? I take it that those are 1/8 mile times. Is that correct?

Just the hoop is a bolt in auto power roll bar, I welded in a harness bar, 2 bars that extend to the rear, and then 2 side bars. The seems pretty stiff the way it is now.

I would hate to drive the car 100 miles away and have something break. Eventually I want to get some kind of tow vehicle and a trailer. Would just be way easier to pack up tools, jacks ect...

how much rwhp do you think you are making???

My guess would be somewhere in the mid 400's. I'll get it dyno'd eventually. Other guys with my same set up, with the exception of long tube headers make anywhere from 440 - 480. I guess a lot depends on the tune, exhaust, ect. Regardless of the number I make, it feels damn good on the butt dyno!

I would hate to drive the car 100 miles away and have something break. Eventually I want to get some kind of tow vehicle and a trailer. Would just be way easier to pack up tools, jacks ect...

Yeah I hear yah...70 miles from my location...but then I haven't run a sticky tire:burnout:. You are more than welcome to use my tow bar setup if needed:mrgreen:. I tow my Datsun with my Blazer or anything with a hitch. Legally it just has to be heavier than the Datsun which means pretty much everything:icon45:.