HybridZ

Need help with sr20det swap

So I am going to be buying a 1972 240z the car is really clean no rust besides under where the battery is. no big deal. my plans are to do a sr20det red top swap into it. I found a place that sells the complete engine with the following:

Engine of course

5 Speed Transmission

Turbo

ECU

Intake Manifold

Exhaust Manifold

Alternator

Cam Angle Sensor

AC Compressor

Power Steering Pump

MAF Sensor

Igniter Chip

Clutch Kit

Fly Wheel

Throttle Body

Fuel Rail

Starter

Un Cut Wirring Harness

All for $1700

So my question is:

What more parts would I need?

How much am I looking at spending after buying the Complete engine?

Do I need to use a Tachometer from sr20det or can I use the stock 240z?

Do I use the sr20det radiator or stock 240z?

Etc.

Thank you.

you will need a driveshaft,a real intercooler and piping,and a mechanic/someone to wire everything.

What kind of intercooler would you recommend. is there a place that sells a intercooler specially made for a sr20det 240z swap? Could I use the intercooler from a sr20det and custom fit it?

Thanks

88beast I suggest you search what it exactly takes to get it installed. An entirely new crossmember must be fabricated and welded in along with modified tranny mounts as well. Like others said intercooler must be mounted/piped, exhaust, driveshaft shortened, and all the electrical wired up. As far as a tach the stock one will not work and you need a new tach. I would recommend getting an electric speedometer as well. Just contact Adrian at www.vildinimotorsport.com. They'll be able to do all the work for you if need be.

Hey 88beast I'm going through the final stages in starting my SR20DET swap into my 79'. And just be ready for the amount of work that really goes into on of these swaps. Things like the tach, radiator, and intercooler are going to be the very easy compared to the actual swap. And because of the economy a lot of companies are not stocking a lot of parts for the SR's anymore. So there could be a wait to order things in. While the engine is out it would be great time to replace all the pumps and belts and switching out the clutch, turbo and turbo manifold would be a wise idea. And it will be a lot easier to tune if you switched to a stand alone system so you don't have to deal with a bunch of factory sensors. But the only really hard part will but to make custom brackets and get the geometry correct. And than you can plum it, wire it mount the intercooler and fab some tubes (useing plactic pipes and some tape works very well for a mach up) and the stock radiator should work just fine. But I have yet to address this issue, mine is very rusty and my local pull a part had a civic radiator in great shap for 25 bucks and its small enough to get out of the way and still keep the engine cool. But if you start the swap before my let my know how it goes.