HybridZ

Some exhaust questions

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

Will I be robbing myself of hp if I ran a two

into one setup? I'm looking at 2.5" to one 3" Using flowmasters Y collector to a 40

series muffler. To a 6" tip! Just kidding about the last one. I just think it would be easier if I didn't have to make a second provision in the diff crossmember for clearance of a second pipe. Please respond with any info.

Frank280z confused.gif

There was no modification made to the Diff cross member in my car and I had 2.5 inch duals run all the way back with NO ground clearance issues at all. You could do a two into one, but I personally don't think it is a good idea. It is a little more restricting and if you are thinking "Sleeper" mode, unless the other guy is deaf, forget fooling anyone when you throw fire to it!

Find a good exhaust shop and take your JTR book with you... Maybe later on I can get some pics of my exhaust taken with the car on the lift, and I'll post them.

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Mine is pretty much the same, I have the

pipes coming straight back and then making the "S" and into 2 flomasters. I used to have the hooker tuned flows but the car

sounded too much like a 6 cyl... When I

went to the less restrictive flowmasters

I dropped 8 degrees in operating temp as well.

I got an already-notch 280Z front diff crossmember from somebody and added a piece (about 180 degree section) of schedule 40 3.5" black pipe and reinforced the cutout.

It was available for $25 from someone who was going to do a V8Z but quit. So I went for it. It allowed the exhuast to be tucked very tight into the car. you can see pics of the crossmember and exhaust on my site (see my .sig below, got to the Exhaust page.).

It seems that all this trouble was not needed, but I like the way it is all tucked up. The exhaust is above the subframe connectors over the entire length of the system. When I get the car on a lift I will take pictures of the exhaust installed.

------------------

Pete Paraska - 73 540Z - Marathon Z Project - pparaska@tidalwave.net">pparaska@tidalwave.net -

Owen, what muffler are you using and what size inlets does it have. Are you using

a Borla Boomer of some type? and are you going for the sleeper look. Basically are

you trying to bait some imports into a race/

trap!! Sneaky One!!

Well, it's not a sleeper looking car! Strange

how the muffler looks a lot smaller hanging

on the wall of a shop. When I did a test fit,

it looked like someone hunga trash can on the

back! I only wear a size 8.5 shoe, but I can

fit my shoe almost all the way in!

Preview page at: www.homestead.com/s30z/files/exhaust.htm

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html