HybridZ

Bosch 910 fuel pump

280Z Turbo

I, like many of you, hate my noisy Walbro. I want to try a different pump.

I've heard of the 044 fuel pump, but that's pretty expensive and it sounds like more than what I need. I have a stock L28ET, Evo intercooler, Z31 ECU and MAF, stock injectors, etc. I don't see the car putting out much more than 250 rwhp in the near future.

Can anyone confirm if the Bosch 0 580 254 910 be sufficient?

Bosch 910 Fuel Pump Specs:

Bosch Part Number: 0 580 254 910

Minimum Current: 12 Volts

Operating Pressure: 72.5 PSI (5 Bar)

Minimum Flow @ Outlet: 34 GPH (130 LPH)

Fuel Pump Location: In-Line

Fuel Pump Connections:

Inlet: 15MM

Outlet: M12 x 1.5

Electrical: Positive M5 / Negative M4

Why not use a stock 280z/zx pump? I flow-tested my junkyard one, it did 33 gallons per hour at 38psig and 12.85v, which is enough for about 270rwhp on a turbo car. They're nice and quiet.

If you're set on that pump, yes, it'll flow enough to support your HP goals.

It sounds like this Bosch one would be a little better than the stocker. It was designed for high pressure CIS mechanical fuel injection.

I never would have bought that Walbro if I had known what I was doing. People told me that I needed it to run more boost and I just believed them.

I'll probably try running the stocker again.

• 1 month later...

Be very careful who you purchase the pump from.There are Chinese knockoffs everywhere! I got one on Ebay new and was told it was a Bosch. Well it wasnt and I contacted the seller and said I would give good feedback if allowed to return it. Had no problems returning,just lost time in the process. BEWARE!

a 044 is way more fuel pump than I need. I'm NA. Does anyone know where I can find a Bosch 910 or equivalent for a good price? boschfuelpumps.com is out of stock.

Will this do?

NEW!!

GSL393 - [$75 Free Shipping, $65 cash local].

155LPH @ 43.5psi. 330HP. Perfect for non-turbo Datsun, BMW, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I got the Bosch 910 in today. It is dead silent. It wasn't a straight replacement for the Walbro, its got a ~5/8" barbed inlet that I needed to make an adapter for, and is bigger than the Walbro, but well worth it in my opinion. I paid $150 for it from the Poor Boy Parts ebay store. Even got a Bosch hat!!!

I doubt I will ever buy another Walbro pump, from the day I installed it that thing was louder than the exhaust at idle and cruising around.