HybridZ

PC question?

ReefsRocket

I think you're refering to reformatting your computer. For my computer I follow these steps:

Go to the Start menu

All Programs

System Recovery

If you haven't already, hit the PC Recovery Disk Creator and that took up 12 CDs for my computer

From there you hit PC Recovery and follow the steps it shows.

This COMPLETELY gets rid of all your files so saving all your pics, songs, and ect. to something else before hand is a good idea. It puts it back to factory settings so everytime I did it I had to uninstall all the useless crap that mine came with like the 30-day free trial games and movie creator programs

if you have the original windows disc and registration key, the easiest way is to back up all your data on another hard drive or onto cd's/dvd's then pop in the windows installation disk and delete the partition that had your previous install on it, and do a quick format. then just install it onto there.

weird....I wouldn't know how retail PC's come now a days. they used to come with a big booklette of every cd for the PC for every part. now I've heard that they have recovery partitions in them that are essentially the OS install built onto the hard drive (not smart imo if the hard drive fails)

Which has happened to me. I actually burned out the hard drive that came with my laptop and I had to make the CDs to install the new, bigger, faster one I bought. Really sucked, but now that I have them its not that bad because its just like it was with the older computers

I've never done this (although I always wish I did after every re-fomat),

Back up what you can, do a low level re-format, when all drivers and updates are done, plus re-install of pics and stuff, then, ghost the drive!

In the future it would save butt loads of time!