HybridZ

Injector question.

jayzrocket

Hello,

I have a question that I need an experienced, educated reply to.

I have an 83 turbo, pretty much stock. I have a stage three six puck clutch, fresh t-3, decent straight thru exhaust and aftermarket air intake, 10lb boost controller, 60mm t/b, and adjustable fpr. I am planning on an aftermarket fuel rail and upgrade the injectors. I want to keep it as streetable as possible. I havent gone as far as sds or programable yet, so with the factory ecu what route would be the best? Yes Ive used the search feature and still havent found a clear answer. For instance, I found a rail, 11mm o-ring and he suggested the yellow supras. I read in the fuel related issues, injector upgrades it mentions not to use the yellow tops because they are 295cc, but my factory ones are only 215cc, wouldnt the yellow ones be better? Also, high or low impedence with my factory ecu? Some one else mentioned that the low impedence is best for sds, (stand alone system), should I use the high impedence?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Hey there is a guy on here that has a m/s for sale tat came out of or was for a mustang, v2.0 or 2.2. I was wondering if I picked this up if there is a lot I would have to do. He hasn't used it yet, and sold the project he was going to use it for, which was a turbo zx i believe. Can these just simply be reprogrammed to accomodate the vehicle to be used with? Or will I have to purchase different things such as connections and boards, stuff of that nature? I asked the seller these ?'s and he simply sent me a link as to where to buy them and to have them custom made.

Thanks, J.

The MS system is very versatile... you'll have to look at what chip, board and code version he's selling but for your application it seems that pretty much any will do... I'm running a MSnS I v3 on an l26 using almost all the stock equipment... the units generally come with a MAP sensor which means you can toss out your AFM and just run a vacuum line from the manifold to the ECU. They're pretty hardy and reliable units, just take the time to wire it up correctly and you shouldnt have any issues... my l26 is my daily driver.

Some modification may have to be made to the board itself so you can trigger off your coil(depending if its set that way or not) so it requires a bit of time, patience and alot of reading....

The great thing about the MS system is that its Universal... you can use all the stock sensors(excluding the AFM) and if you dont want to fork out for a wideband o2 sensor you can just tune like you would a carburated engine(except using a laptop).

it's definately worth reading into but you have to understand it requires you adopt a totally DIY approach... there's very few people you could take it to to "bail you out" if you get stuck- so there's no security net. That said if you are very specific with your postings the forums and distributors are EXTREMELY helpful...

I suggest doing some more reading if you are thinking about an MS because it can be very overwhelming for a first-timer but once you understand the system it's a very rewarding setup that allows you to bolt anything to anything without worrying about if the ecu will cope.

Building a MS EFI and putting it onto my car was the single most rewarding thing I ever did in my engine bay.:flamedevi