HybridZ

Blizzard is known for making lots of pop culture references...

auxilary

in their games, especially world of warcraft. everything from haris pilton to the start trek away team (guys named Jhordi lapforge, scooty, and sprok). Most of them are blunt and not funny

But this one... this one was subtle! it was brilliant! (in the sewers)

wowtmnt.jpg

Quit... playing... that... game...

It destroys lives! Haha my buddies played WoW sophomore year and just wasted away with some guy who lived in Puerto Rico in his mothers basement. The one friend is #2 class rank out off 700 of us and he makes all A's. When he started WoW, he bombed every class within a month. Hahahaha. Then he stopped and they all went back up to like 105's...

Used to play, but found that the devotion required wasn't worth it. I have a friend who got laid off. He spends his days and nights playing that stupid game instead of searching for a new job.

There's also my brother who plays it in between fixing jets and spending time with his wife. He's got some pretty good control, and yet has some pretty sweet characters in the game.

I think I made it to level 50 or something. Highest is 80 now?

Love the TMNT reference though.

I play the game for 1 reason: when I come home after dealing with a lot of bullshit and stress at work, this is how I unwind. It is no diffierent than grabbing a beer and watching TV for a few hours after work.

I don't spend my weekends glued to WoW, if possible, I do find better things to do.

I'm completely opposite of the whole outlook on online gaming. I started playing as a result of a break up, whereas most people break up because of the game. It actually saved my friend's marriage, rather than ruin it (long funny story, but short version is that WoW helped his wife fill in the time while he was working 12-14 hour days so she wouldn't get super pissed)

My brain runs NONSTOP.

Not in the "Ok, time to breathe. Oh wait, contract that stomach muscle to help digest the food" sort of way.

I have a hard time getting to sleep because I can't shut my brain off.

Sometimes, simple mindless things offer relief. I actually enjoy sweeping the cigarette butts off the patio at work at the end of the night. For 5 minutes, my brain is effectively off.

Sanding bondo skimcoats, cleaning parts, and gaming are some of the other ways that I turn my brain off for a while.

That being said, I used to be a diablo 2 hardcore pvp addict. I'm still recovering.

Why, oh why, are they making diablo 3?

Edited by essdeezee
clarity

Ok you guys are a bunch of video geeks. Now cut it out or I will smote you with my plus 2 mace..Darn it where is my 20 sided die?

My game of choice was the Ultima series. I spent an entire summer playing Ultima 2 and 3. I am a recovering geek.. don't get me started again.

Ultima 7 parts 1 and 2 were perhaps the best in hte series. For their time (1992) they had epic graphics, and complete freedom to roam about the world. Ah, the days of finetuning config.sys and autoexec.bat to load drivers into high memory, leaving more conventional for games, as well as games starting to use dos4gw to make use of extended memory about 640k.

If you think about it, all the computer technology and processor speeds/graphics are driven by video game development

I suppose playing games is probably better than reading nerdy books in the bath-tub after work. :oops:

I usually work on the car to release stress. Sitting on my butt all day typing, answering phones, designing silly things and drawing pretty pictures is down-right demeaning sometimes.