HybridZ

help identifying coilover kit

I found this 240z coilover kit for sale on craigslist, and the seller really doesn't know much about it at all. I was wondering if you guys could help me identify it for me. Also, do you see anything that's missing? I don't see anything for rear camber, but it seems like there's extra pieces to me...

coilover1.jpg

coilover2.jpg

The threaded collars are Carrera. They're designed to fit over a ring (missing from the picture) in a groove machined into the strut housing, but you can, and should, support them with a welded on collar. IIRC the Carrerra's used to come with two nuts (spring seat with the spring guide, as shown in the pic, but another nut just like the spring seat but without the spring guide) and an oring and you squished the oring between the two nuts to lock them together to keep the spring seat from moving. The jam nuts as it were, appear to be missing. The camber plates look like somebody copied Tilton, but not exactly. Seem to be missing the spherical bearings, although looks like you have the c clips that hold them in. Also appear to be missing the thrust washers and bearings that go between the upper spring seat and the sliding camber plate.

Is there a disadvantage of going with the aluminum threaded section? I've herd that suspension travel will chew the threads up and they will no longer be adjustable after awhile.

Sometimes the spring will bow a bit and rub on the threaded collar. This has a lot to do with the spring and the type of camber plate used. Cheap springs bow easily and EMI Racing/DP/MSA camber plates with a fixed upper spring perch tend to cause spring bowing.

The little bit of wear on the threaded collar is generally way outside any normal adjustment range and, in my experience, has never caused adjustment problems.

Just got in contact with the seller again and he has a buyer driving up to get them for $250 today, so I let them pass. I was afraid of not being able to find a replacement for the jam nuts to hold the spring perches in place. I'm definitely interested in going to coilovers though :)

Thanks so much guys!